Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tingle Balls

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tingle Balls

Current mood: curious

I dont even know how to go about addressing any of this. I have spent many hours today trying to adjust my attention to a little girl that cant undestand why there are two cats in this house but all they want to do is sleep.

Well, the last time I checked, thats the key factor in a cats life. Sleep. These two have spent the greater part of the last week trying to adjust themselves to each other. Finally as I sit typing this, I have one on my bed and the other on my feet. Yes both in the same room and no hissing or spitting.

But then that leaves the other one that wants to play. Shes standing in the kitchen with a feather wand waiting for one of them to wake up. Mommy, why wont they play right now? I can understand this plea but how to you explain it to a child?

Sorry honey, cats sleep. They sleep all the time. They eat, drink, pee, poop and sleep. Well except for the fact that the kitten doesnt know that at 2am, we people are trying to sleep. Note that I said trying. Doesnt seem to work though.

All night long I hear this sound against my bedroom door. Mind you that my cat is in here with me staring at the door waiting to attack. At first its all quiet and then I hear this gutteral high pitched growl coming from the cat. That tells me that the kitten is near by. Clever huh?

Then its quiet again for a few minutes. I then hear him outside the door. I know its him because of the sounds he makes. Well the sound isnt from him directly. I hear tingle, bang, tingle, tingle, tingle, bang, tingle. Hmmmm.... let me take a wild guess at what he is doing outside the door.

Wouldnt you know it about 10 minutes of that gets the cat going and I start to hear the tingle sounds from inside the room. Geez, is this a conspiracy of who can collect the most tingle balls and roll them around at 2am to make the most noise? Im guessing that is exactly what it is.

Im thinking to open the damn door and let them both chase each others balls. Ok that didnt sound right. But then again it did considering that neither have....oh never mind. You know what I mean.

But why in the world does he have to tingle them against the door? Doesnt he realize that he can have just as much fun rolling them around the kitchen floor and then letting them get stuck under the fridge and crying to me to get them out? Well thats what the cat does. Take lessons from her. Dont teach her bad things at 2am.

So now Cami comes in to hug her kitten who is sound asleep on my bed. She bolts back up and asks the next question.

Mommy, why do cats fart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home