Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Learn to be Naughty in Six Easy Lessons

Learn to be Naughty in Six Easy Lessons

Current mood: amused

Thats not what this is about. I asked Jose what to name my weekend blog and thats what he said to me. LOLOL

I lost the original post for here so Im trying to rewrite it the best I can. Bear with me. Thats bear not bare. Although it could be fun.

It was the holiday weekend at the camp. Even though the actual holiday isnt til Tuesday, campers and everyone else celebrates it on the weekend. Many parties to be had.

Every year we have a parade and everyone works really hard on this. Of course this year we took first place. Once the pictures were taken with the trophy, we took apart the float and saved what we wanted and the rest went into the fire pit for later. We filled it up quite nicely.

We decide on going to see some fireworks at Friar Tucks and headed out before sundown so that we can get a decent parking spot. We found one right next to an identical truck. Gee, what are the odds of that. Not like everyone has a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4. Oh wait, this one is black. Nice truck though, if I may say so myself. Yeah Im a truck whore.

So we are all sitting out on the grass and on the tail gate of the truck listening to some good tunes and watching the lots get filled up. We are close to a pond so we are watching some kids chase the ducks. I was waiting for one of the ducks to start chasing the kids but no such luck. That would have been entertaining.

Speaking of entertaining.... On the side of the pond is a road that leads to another parking lot. Well this white Blazer decides to park there and go for a closer view. Yep, you guessed it. He slid down right into the mud at the edge of the pond. You would think that he would be smart enough to call for help. Nope he tried to get himself out an only pushed his truck even deeper.
Now everyone around us has trucks. You should hear the boners start talking about pulling the guy out. Wasnt happening with the two Dodges. We were too entertained by this show to risk losing a prime parking spot. Along came a huge diesel truck to soak the guy out of some cash. No pun intended. Ok I did mean to say that because it was funny.

Mouse in turn gets upset because he wasnt finished being entertained yet. He yells over to the guy and says something about he can still see the tail lights. Hes not ready to be pulled out yet. Everyone enjoyed that one. So the guy pulls the Blazer out anyways.

Now if that was me, I would have left the area to hide in my shame. Nope, this guy just parks it up on the bank where he originally intended to and got out his chairs. Me, I would be in another lot. My luck though, word would get around. Now there are more trucks coming in and parking. Now we are waiting for someone else to go for a drink. Hell even some of those that are weighted down with 20 people on the tailgates. The suspense is killing me.

I was just about to start to chew off all my nails, when the fireworks began. It was a great show. Well worth waitng for. The preshow wasnt too bad either. It was an entertaining night. After we all fed the local bug population, we headed for the major traffic jam that would lead us back to the camp.

Now back, we decide that its time for a bon fire. Its about 84 degrees out but thats ok. What a little more heat? Mouse takes the torch and lights the fire. Ok so it wasnt quite a torch. Just some kindling and alot of lighter fluid. Holyhelljustburneddown!!!! Im thinking that I dont have to shave my legs for at least a month. Nor my arms for that matter. We even had to move the chairs back about 15 feet so they didnt melt.

I got up to get a drink and I heard the distinct sound of windchimes. Hey Mom, you really didnt want the one you hung up next to the fire pit did you? I hope not because well, thats where it is right now. Yep, down went the little metal rods. The main part was saved though. We risked alot by going up behind the wall to remove any statues and such so that we didnt lose the whole farm. By farm I really mean farm. We have statues of all kinds of birds and animals everywhere.

After the fire died down and we were able to return to the nearby area, I took some pictures of what was the remains of all the hard work we put into making the float. Mom whispered to Mouse that she stashed a small coil of wire behind the wood pile and he jumped up like a child getting free candy. He tossed in the coil and we relaxed by the fire watching the flames turn shades of blue, green and purple.

Im heading for home the next morning. Nothing like sleeping in a soft bed and a long hot shower. We have plenty of beds in the trailer and we have a bathroom bigger than the one I have here, but I prefer my own.

On the way home I followed this and got my entertainment.....

http://paradoxgamer.com/pics1/albums/userpics/10005/normal_A.%20Duie%20Pyle.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home