Monday, June 26, 2006

A trip to remember.....literally

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A trip to remember.....literally

Current mood: amused

Day started out as any other. But this time I was really getting excited about the up coming evening with some very close friends. Ive known them for a few years but I have never met them face to face and in a few hours, that was all about to happen.

My last 15 minutes at work was in restraints with a kid in the office. His mom picked him up and I flew out of there like a bat out of hell. I was pulling out of the parkinglot and flipped on my phone. Two calls immediately came through and Lance was the first one in. He was waiting for me at the meeting point and we arranged for a closer spot.

I pulled in and he was not there yet. Or so I assumed because I waited about 10 minutes and decided to call him. Sure enough, he was there. At the other side of the parking lot waiting for me. Figures it would happen that way. The other call was from Whosie telling me that her flight was delayed an hour. That gave me a little more time for some last minute details. I was in a rush to get everything done on time. Im great for doing that. Also didnt help that I was at the store last before I get the message that I had to pick up the goodies.

From there we came back to my house and dropped off his car. We then went to do a little shopping for Jose. He wanted to get Whosie something special so I bought a nice rose and a really cute little charm bracelet. Now off to meet the gang.

We got the call from Jose when we were about to pull into the lot at Sears. They were there waiting for us. Michele went inside to find a bathroom and we all went in to look for her. Nick and John went into FYE while LB, Jose and I waited out in the mall to look for her. LB asked Jose if it was her that was walking by and he said no. Suddenly from out of the sky above me flew John to catch her. Yeah it was her. Jose swears he didnt recognize her.

We then get a call from Whosie telling us that she is delayed yet again and would call again when she was boarding the plane. So we went to find foodage while we waited. She called back and said that she would be leaving NYC at about 3pm.

On the way out of the mall we stopped and got a charm for her bracelet and then went to the As Seen On TV store. Jose went out to one of the benches to sit. The rest of us came out and right in front of us, this chick throws her drink on the floor and then falls down. She rolled around like a turtle for a little while. Jose was sitting on the bench with his face covered. Not sure what he was thinking but Im sure he was taking notes on this. Nick was just beside himself waiting to see what happens next. Michele didnt know whether or not we should help her and then John decided to run back into the store because he thought it was scary enough just watching. While leaving I made sure to go to the bathroom so that I didnt wet my pants trying to chase Jose through the terminal.

After the sideshow we thought it was time to head to the airport. On the way there we got behind an Escalade that was white and Lance said we should steal it and take it to the chop shop to paint it black and add bicycle tires to it. It was a great idea at the time. Lance took pictures of an airplane landing thinking it was hers but it wasnt. Oh well. We could have pretended though.

We get to the airport and head to the gate area. Wouldnt you know it, I had to pee again. Damnit, now I have to find a bathroom. Well I didnt really have to find one. Its like a radar to chicks with small bladders and I just so happened to see one when we first got inside the building. Lance checked the screens and it said that the flight was due in at 4:50pm so we still had a little bit of a wait.

In the mean time we stood around and talked about the turtle chick at the mall and took a few pictures of each other taking pictures. Jose sat patiently on the floor clutching that poor rose. John in turn came over to me and told me how nervous he was. Strange enough. I was nervous as well. But Jose remained cool and calm. On the outside anyway. Once they annouced the arrival of her flight he walked toward the gate to wait for her. It was perfect. Nope, he wasnt sweating a bit. Thats because there was airconditioning on. Im sure of it. Im sure the thought of running was there too so the rest of us remained on the watch of the nearest exits just in case.

The anticipation was getting to us. People were coming off the gate and we had the cameras ready. She arrived and the hugs happened. The rest of us were still leaning against the wall and wondering if Jose remembered if we were still there or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home