Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Part 5

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Part 5

Current mood: amused

We now are on the tram heading to the park. Its still a misty rain but who cares. Im here to have fun with my friends. Lance and I already have tickets so we are ready to go. Up a butt load of stairs, across the road on a walk bridge and then back down. Ok ride over. Hey Lance, tie your shoes.

We get to the ticket booth and the gang forms two lines. Lance and I wait just inside so we dont continue to get wet. Not that I am wearing a white shirt or anything. Nope. I wore blue.

Christy and Hallie get their tickets and stand in there with us. Right behind them comes Nick and Jose. In the mean time some dude approaches Hallie and starts up a survey. Nick is behind the guy making guestures of one form or another and we all start cracking up. Hallie holds a straight face and actually answers the guy. If he came over to us then we would have just said that we were with her. Ya know, just so he would go away.

We are waiting for John and Michele. Whats taking them so long? They finally come in and announce that John was charged by his height. That must have put them into bankruptsy. Once that was done, we head off to find some fun. Of course I had to go find a bathroom again. What the hell is up? I dont think I have peed this many times ever in my life. While in the bathroom I get a call from Girlie and I came back outside. The phone was passed around a little and she was happy to hear some voices of those she has come to love.

We wander around and try to determine which way to go first. This alone was a task of adventure. So we finally decide on a direction and off we go. First up is the Pandemonium. There is no way that Im riding this. I dont care how much you drag me kicking and screaming. Ok so it wasnt that bad but it did spin so thats a no-no in my book.

John, Michele, Nick and Hallie decided to brave that one out. While they were in line, Lance, Jose, Whosie and myself decided to hang out and wait to catch them on the ride for some pictures. Jose and Whosie went for a small stroll and were watching a little show that had some of the characters dancing. We had a fun time trying to determine if Bugs was a chick or not.
Lance and I watched the others board the ride. Once it started going we waited for them to pass us. Suddenly we heard this blood curdling scream and at first we thought it was John. When they went past we saw Michele and John cuddled together in fear while Hallie and Nick were laughing. At least we now know where the screams were coming from. Once off the ride, John showed us his shoulder that was now missing a good chunk of skin. Remind me not to ride that ride.

Next up was the Flashback. Im all for this ride and it seemed that Whosie and John were too. The others chickened out. Something about the clicking noise. So I get on in a cart behind John and Whosie. The overhead shoulder restraint thingy came down and crushed my cans. If that wasnt bad enough, the ride attendant came along and pushed on it to make sure it was tight. This is turn caused one can to make a single appearance and it was a hell of a show to the attendant. He said opps and walked away. Well gee thanks. Then the butthead had the nerve to wave at me and tell me to enjoy the ride. Im sure he was enjoying it himself. At least it wasnt my ass this time.

After this we decide to wander around some more. We head towards the Houdini thing. This was pretty cool and I liked it alot. On this ride was John, Michele, Nick, Hallie and myself. Next to me on my right was this lady with the biggest eyes I have ever seen. The ride was an awesome illusion. Once outside we sort of hung out for a few moments to gather our wits. That ride did mess with our heads alittle.

We start wandering again and the guys found an air hockey table and started playing. Michele went to the nearest bench and sat down. About half way through the second game we look over and Michele was off the bench and leaning over the curb. She left some of her breakfast there and was feeling a little better. John in turn needed to check it out and then remarked how neat she was about it. If it had been him he would have sprayed the fence. Well lets not find out shall we.

Now for some unknown reason that is beyond me, the others decide to head towards the Superman ride and also in search of food. Im really not up for eating anything until Im ready to leave the park. Just not my thing to eat and ride. Christy and I were the only ones that wanted to ride the roller coasters but we couldnt on this one because she wasnt tall enough. No big deal. We can now go shopping though. :o)

We meet up with the others and head for food. Lance and I hit one of the shops instead. We joined the others and hung out for a little while. Then we went to see the most weirdest show I have ever seen. Something about bad acting and spandex. The pyrotechnics were pretty cool though.

Now we are looking at the time. Lance has a long drive home from my house and thats 2 hours away as it was. We all decided on one more ride and then we can head out. Nick, John and Hallie chose the Buzzsaw. When they got off, Nick was saying something about wanting to toss around the chain-nazi. I would have paid to see that.

Everyone wanted to ride the New England Skyway. This is a little blue cage thingy that only two can ride in. Lance had been wanting to ride that all day. So up the steps we go. Its our turn to get on the ride. Nick rode with Hallie and John rode with Michele. The lady there was frightening. The Looney Toons theme song was playing and it was driving us all nuts. As the lady was pushing us off she was singing "kill it" over and over to the tune of the song. That scared me a little. Just a little. We get off the ride on the other end and see Nick and Hallie back in line. So we joined them and decided to ride it back. I really didnt feel like walking anymore at this point. When we arrived back that lady was singing a different tune and dancing this time. Im so glad that I wont ever see her again.

One final stop to look for something for my brat waiting for me at home and then off to find the tram. Up the stairs we go. Lance, tie your shoes. Then across the walk bridge and back down the stairs we go. Somehow the others went down the ramp instead and then at the bottom of the stairs we see John going up the ramp. Interesting. Im not asking any questions.

On the tram some kids in front of us were acting like total morons and Nick was making comments. Finally their father must have heard him and told them to cut it out. I liked Nicks comments better.

Once back at the cars we all said our goodbyes and a few rounds of hugs passed. I will miss them. I really will. I had a great time with everyone. Christy rode with Lance and I back and Hallie was in her car on her own. Nick, Jose, Michele and John were in the toaster.
Somehow we headed in the wrong direction and followed them to 90 on the wrong road. Ok so we extended our trip a couple of extra exits but soon we were on the right path home. Hallie blew past us like a bat out of hell. We knew the way home though.

On the way home we all chatted about the trip and I took a few notes. Some of the stuff I have no clue why I wrote them down.

"Shrosty said Maz was coming to get off" Please dont ask me why this one came to be because I really ave no clue. But it was said at some point.

Then I told Lance that I wanted to get gas in the car and he went past two "plazas". He was aggitated that the call them plazas and that they also call the toll booths plazas as well. Very confusing. Needless to say, we didnt stop to get gas till we hit Schenectady.

Another thing that was said on the ride back was "Bring magic lasso. Lance's secret journey - must remember not to speak out loud." I know what this was about but Im keeping that journey a secret.

The other one that was pretty darn funny was that there was some kids in a huge old caddy that leaked gas and sputted every time they tried to smoke the tires. Lance refered to this as the Key Lime Pie car. Im sure that the really cool yellow 'stang in front of us could have taken them easily but they chickened out and turned off the road. Good thing too. I didnt dare light up with that much gas fumes in the air. I really dont like the smell of burnt hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home