Monday, June 19, 2006

And so it ends....

And so it ends....

Current mood: blah

The school year is about to come to a close. Damn,... It's about time huh? Well for some people that means that the kiddiegaters are home and constantly under foot. For me that means that I can relax without the daily trials of them. Yeah being a teacher has its rewards.

But we all know that I will be sitting in my lounge chair at the camp and relaxing and having nothing better to do than to watch the world go by. Oh so not true. I honestly will miss each and every one of them. Well not every one of them. One of them is my own. Im stuck with her. :D

Yeah we have fun all summer. Swimming and playing without a care in the world. The other thing I will miss is a paycheck. I dont get paid during the summer. Which means I need to get me a job for a couple of months to make up for it. Nope.... Walmart will not be seeing me wearing their smock. Im thinking more like dog grooming again.

One thing does have me concerned. There is a new change going on in the school district and most of us have no idea where we are going or if we even have a job come September. I was informed today that we all have jobs but we arent sure at what school.

I came from another school within the district and received a better higher paying job at the school Im currently at. I was told that the special ed program will now be moved to another school and the teachers and paras have to go there in September. That means that I would be taking a transfer back to where I came from. Ummmm... NOT.

So here I stand waiting for Monday's meeting to let me know whats going to happen. Where am I? What position do I have? What school do I work at? If I do take a transfer then that means my child does too. Thats such a royal pain in the ass. I just got her into an awesome school that challenges her mind like it should. I dont want to do this to her again.

Im hoping to remain in the school Im in. I received my review and I scored perfect in all catagories and I am also highly recommended by my boss to work there. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is where I will stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home