Thursday, June 29, 2006

Part 6... And so it ends....

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Part 6.... And so it ends.....

Current mood: happy

We get some gas and head on home. My home that is. Well considering that I only live less than a mile from the Hess. We pull up in front of the house and unload the car of all of Lances stuff. He loaded up his car and then hung out with us for a few minutes. I hated to see him leave. He promised to call me when he made it home.

My daughter on the other hand was bouncing all over the place as usual. She is already attached to Lance but now she has latched on to Christy as well. Not that anyone is complaining. Shes like a leech though. Sucks the energy right out of ya. Now if only I could bottle it up and sell it on Ebay I could live quite nicely.

We grab the brat and load up her stuff. We head back out on the road again. This time heading south to the camp for the night. My daughter knows all the sights and we both point out stuff for Christy. The mountains and the three bears. Yeah you read that right. The three bears. Along the road there is a really nice ranch that has three bears sitting out by the entrance. They are made of wood. Dont worry, these dont bite.

The funny thing is that I asked Cam what else was at the ranch and she said Easter Eggs. Huh? I had to stop and think for a sec there. HA!!! We went to the camp at Easter time and there was a basket of eggs with the bears. Took me a minute there. Anyways, I was actually refering to the horses that are at the ranch. Hmmmm..... Whats more important, Easter eggs or horses?

The view of the mountains was beautiful as usual. Its getting dark but you can still see them. We head off the main roads and hit the back roads. I really wanted to show her the frog pond but there werent any frogs on the road that night. Not that she would have prefered to hear them pop under the tires. It was just something that I always though was very cool to see at night.

We pull into the camp about 8 or so and it seemed that everyone was out and about. I didnt bother stopping at the office because there was alot of peeps around and I didnt want to wait. Not that I wanted to hurry to get to my trailer but for the fact that I, yep, once again, had to pee.

Now mind you that I dont live alone there. My mom and Mousie live there too. They in turn have been doing alot of decorating this year. So much so that every time I appear, there is something new and different about the place. Not that I mind as it is always entertaining to me. Let them be happy. Sometimes I think they get too happy with the place though. Especially tonight.

As we approach the trailer, I notice something new. Something bright. Something shiny. Something light. Well maybe not light as in weight but something light as in a 6 foot tall lighted palm tree on the deck. HolyDonHo, what the hell is that for? Well I knew they wanted one but now I have this insane urge to get out my grass skirt. Ok so I dont have a grass skirt but the thought was there.

Not only was there a palm tree on the deck but they had also set up a disco ball. A lighted one no less. Now lets visualize for a second. Along the whole back of the deck there is a painted bambo scene of jumping dolphins that cover the view of the trailer. Hanging from the ceiling of the deck are fishing nets with shells of every kind. Some hanging from the net. There is also some homemade windchimes with shells on them hanging as well. Now join this with the lighted palm tree and the disco ball and the only thought in my head was the theme song from the Oyster Bar in Police Academy.

My mom was happy to see us and once Christy revealed that she was a coffee junkie, my mom had found a kindred spirit. While they did the meet and greet, I went to the bathroom and then unloaded the car. Mousie set up the fire to burn green and blue and we sat down and had something to eat. Cam was still bouncing all over the place and was upset that we werent up to par with playing a Bratz board game with her.

Christy saw the famous golfcart first hand and well, the other two that we have. Mom left me the 4x4 just in case we needed to come get them for some reason. Mousie has another campsite on the other side of the lake and thats where they would be for the night. Not that I would be willing to venture out in the dark with a 4x4 though. Yeah sounds like a blast and trust me, it truely is, but I was exhausted. Not to mention that I wasnt in the mood to come face to face with a bear that night. And no not the wooden ones back at the ranch either.

I left my cell phone on and Im getting a little discouraged because I have not heard from Lance yet. I will buzz him in the morning if I dont hear from him by then.

We hang out on the deck for a while enjoying the quiet and relaxing after a long day. Yeah we talked about the day and gossiped a little. Mostly about Jose. He he he. Dont worry Jose, it was all good. We then went in and settled down to hang out with Cam for a while. She was still bouncing around. How the hell does this child do it?

We hit the sheets a short time later. That was after I peeled her off of Christy. Once my head hit the pillows, I was out like a light. Very rarely does that happen. Very rarely. Cam was out too. 'Bout damn time if you ask me. LOLOL

I wake up the next morning to my mom moving around the trailer. Im sure that there is coffee made. Yep...I can smell it. It also didnt have anything to do with the fact that Cam is up to her normal energy level of walking on Jupiter.

I drag my sorry butt out of bed and proceed to move outside to the deck. Mom is making breakfast and we are just coming to life. I think I can open my other eye now. Ow... Nope, too bright out to be doing that. Give me a few more minutes. Christy of course is sucking down a pot of coffee. I just cant do that. I have to have Pepsi. Im not a coffee drinker unless it involves ice and whipeed cream. Get those thoughts out of yer noggin. Im not that way this early in the morning. Its legit this time.

After we eat my mom shows her some of her silly toys. I cant exactly mention them here because that would get me in alot of trouble. But now you know where I get it from. LOLOL You have met the woman first hand. Sometimes it even makes me wonder. ;o)

So now that Christy is showered and ready to face the day, my mom kidnaps her and takes her for a joy ride around the park. I didnt hear any screaming so I knew that mom didnt take her up the 4 wheeling trail. Trust me, I like 4 wheeling but I myself almost flipped the cart on this trail. Not for the faint at heart. But whould I do it again? You betcha.

Now its time to hit the road to make it to the airport on time. We take the short route. I show her some of the sights on that route and she got to see the place I grew up in. Small little town that you cant blink in.

We get to the airport after passing the infamous mall yet another time around. I pull up out front and we unload. Im really upset to see her have to leave. Ive had so much fun and yeah I started to cry. Hell I cried all the way home.

Thank you guys for a great weekend. I love each and every one of you. I had a blast and I really hope you guys did too. I really enjoyed meeting you all and I really really really hope that we can do this again soon.

Oh and I did hear from Lance later that evening. As he says, some dumb guy forgot to charge his phone all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home