Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life is like a bowl of cereal....

Sunday, June 04, 2006

My ass has nothing to do with it.

Current mood: amused

This was just sent to me by my friend K.
http://www.illwillpress.com/jigg.html

This is awesome.
******************************

Life is like a bowl of cereal.....

Ive come to like the new stuff they offer kids these days like the new Disney Princess pink stuff with marshmallows. Its like a cross between the red Crunch Berries and the only good part of Lucky Charms. But thats not what this is about. Its about life in general. Not the cereal called Life, although its quite good, but just plain old life.

You start out with some mushy crap because you dont have any teeth to chew it with and somehow the years pass by and you eat stuff like Trix. But then, Mikey will eat anything. Then even more years pass and you then come across Snap, Crackle and Pop. Well at least thats the sound you hear when you wake up in the morning. You have all you can do to make it to the bathroom while every joint in your body rebels at you and calls you names.

I know along my life's paths, I have encountered a few Frosted Flakes and some real doozies of Fruit Loops. Maybe a Special K now and then. But looking back at my childhood and then compairing things to today, the prize at the bottom just isnt the same.

When I was a kid the prizes were really cool stuff. Some of it was so cool that you had to save UPC codes or send a few bucks to the company and they sent you something that you could actually play with. Now the prizes are something that isnt even worth buying at the dollar store.

But this really isnt about cereal.

Many years ago, a lady was on her way to a hospital with this nagging pain in her belly. Ya know, she did this a couple of times and that nagging pain was sent back home. No, Im not calling her a nagging pain. But Im sure thats what she was thinking each time she had to go back home. She lived in a small town south of the main city and its not a quick drive to the hospital. So one night on June 4th, that nagging pain happened again. And once again, she was off to the hospital.

This time however, she was almost there when that nagging pain decided to move to a different spot. And sure enough as soon as she was inside the walls, out popped a noggin. At 1:42am on June 5th, a child was born. A small child of 6lbs and 13 ounces. A baby girl for the world to see. Then all hell broke loose. Whaddya know, thats the same date and time I was born. What a cowinky dink, huh?

Life in a small town was pretty cool. You knew everyone and everyone knew you. I grew up on a farm with alot of animals. I had alot of friends and the neighbors were like my extended family. I still see them and hang out with them to this day.

When I was ten, we moved to the suburbs. It was a great opportunity for me to get a great edumakayshun in a great school. Which of course, I got all that. Living in the burbs was pretty cool too. But soon after I graduated, I moved back to that small town that I loved so much.
I have since moved several times but I always stayed relatively close to where I came from. Once I did live clear across the state in yet another small town.

Ive had my share of bumps and bruises all my life. Broke a few bones and gained a few scars. Had a few car accidents but none were my fault. So that leaves me, in the here and now, with all the morning aches and pains that came from those early injuries.

But over all, life has had its ups and downs for me. I wont go into detail of them though. Those of you that know me well enough, know the hells I have been through.

Its tough getting older. But I can look back on everything that I have seen and done and call it all a great big learning experience. Its made me a better person. Im strong physically and mentally. Emotionally, however, I can be a bit lacking. But then again, who isnt?

Over the years I have gained and lost friends. Most of the ones lost are not really lost, but are just those that have seperated and moved on in their lives. But I can say that in the past few years, I have gained the best friends that anyone could ever have. They are my family. Yeah, you guys know who I am talking about. You are the ones that are reading this now. And there are a few that arent reading this here. But they will hear all about it. Of that I am sure.

You guys are my heros that have pulled my sorry ass out of a few rutts from time to time. You have dealt with all my trials and errors. During my happiest and my saddest moments, you stood by my side. Of that I am eternally grateful for.

So even though there have been times in my life that truely sucked, I have come through with a smile on my face even as I wiped the tears away. Life has been pretty good for me on that surface. There are some things that I wish were different. Some things I am yet to change. But I have grown into a pretty decent person.

I can look in the mirror tomorrow and see myself one year older and one year wiser. I still dont count those years in numbers. I can say that I have 9 years of experience at being 28. All I have to show for that is a few grey hairs that a box of coloring hides pretty darn well.

But damn those snap, crackle, and pops get worse and worse. I think I need to add some surgary marshmallows to them and Im sure they will taste a hell of alot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home