Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter Blues

Time flies by when you are having fun. Yes, it has been a long time since I updated this space. Life has been a little interesting. Winter is not kind. Im still getting settled into the new place. I know it has been a few months but there was a lot going on.

Im not sure that I mentioned this but Cami got her ears pierced. She did very well for the past couple of months with it but then one of them got infected. We arent sure how it happened. It was weird. I mentioned to her that her ears looked good and they were ready for new earrings. Then the next day, it was a balloon. I tried to get it all cleaned with the antiseptic but it didnt work. The next day it was so bad that you couldnt even see her earring. We checked on it and it came right out the back of her ear. Then all the puss came with it. It was aweful. So I put in a wire earring that clipped in the back so it would be easier to move while we drained it. The next day, we went to the doctor and she was put on some antibiotics. That was about two weeks ago and its looking fine now. Maybe in a week or two, I will get her some new earrings.

Mother Nature has not been kind to us lately. We have had all sorts of weird weather. The snow just keeps coming. The snowbanks are taller than I am and the roads are extremely narrow. Not so much here where I live now but where I used to live, they are nearly unpassable. In some areas, even one car cannot go down the street. And of course, there are a lot of one way streets that make traveling a nightmare. The route I have to take in the morning will cause me to have a stroke before winter is over.

We have also experienced varying temps. Some days its below zero and then we will get a nice day that starts to melt the ice and snow. This of course doesnt last long and what melted is now frozen again. Then we had some thindersnow the other night. I thought I was hearing things. It sounded like the plows were going through and then I saw the flashes of light. I looked out the window and sure enough, it was thunder and lightning and snowing. I checked the news the next day and there were some reports on it. I wasnt the only one.

Yesterday I was at the mall with my father, sister and Cami when we noticed that it was bright and sunny out. And snowing. I really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. Im getting really tired of this.

Work has been getting better. Things are lightening up a bit. I was also informed that there will be some mass lay offs in June. They have stated quite clearly that it will be a last hire/first fire deal. I know I am not the last on the list but Im still a bit nervous. I need this job. If not, then I will have to take on a part time job or a full time job at night. Im not wanting this option. I have this job because of the hours and days off. I work right along with my daughters schedule. I cant afford a sitter. Im hoping that I wont be on the cut list this year. Fingers crossed.

Ten weeks left til the camp season starts. Im getting itchy to get Spring on its way. Even the stores are putting out the Easter stuff and the patio stuff. Its a good sign. I was watching the Groundhog Day thing and he said that we would have an early Spring. Of course he didnt see his shadow because it was 10 below and snowing. Do we really have to rely on a rat to tell us whats happening? Im thinking poor Phil was telling his handlers to put him back in the hole for a few more weeks. I know I wouldnt want to be woken up in a blizzard so that people could watch me look around for a shadow.

I just found out the other day that the mayor here has decide to resign and take on the Canal position under Cuomo. This should be interesting considering how botched up this city is. This was once a wonderful city that has gone straight to hell and back a few times. He seems to think that the home owners dont notice the fact that there is more crime here than in all of NYC. I shit you none. Check any website that shows the comparisons. They all say the same thing. Dont move here or you will be paying the highest taxes and will face robberies and shootings from the gangs that have taken over. Its the main reason I moved out.

Also he wont call in a state of emergency for the city to clean up the snow. This means that cars are parked everywhere and the plows cant get through. Its a war zone out there. Everyone complains and there is no place to put it. He needs to call it in so that cars have to be moved or be towed. That way the plows can clean the streets and the dump trucks can haul it away. I think the best option is for them to dump it in the canal. Then the soon to be ex mayor can clean that up too. Loser.

All in all, winter has been crappy and its not over yet. More snow tomorrow. Im not looking forward to this.

Happy Valentines Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

We are lucky down south. Our snow, what little we get, doesn't hang around.

I used to have trouble with my earrings and infections. Now I always soak then in alcohol before putting them on and hardly ever have any trouble. Maybe Cami can try it. It only takes a second or two.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home