Monday, May 17, 2010

In the fish bowl.....

The weather is warming up. Im starting to like it now. I was able to go to work this morning without a jacket. The sky is blue and clear. I know Im going to jinx it though.

Not a whole lot has been happening lately. Just the same routine day in and day out. We didnt go to the camp this weekend. Cami was having one of her drama trips. Shes on the kick now of just answering everything with 'I dont care'. Its so frustrating. I want to wring her neck but you know I wouldnt. If this is the beginnings of PMS, get it over with fast.

We did go to a carnival on Sunday. It was at the local mall. Nothing spectactular. Just a small little area of the parking lot with some rides and some games. Some of the usual foods. We pulled in and got a great parking spot and grandpa hands Cami some money for some ride tickets. She really doesnt do much for rides so she got the smaller pack. My sister and father went to go get some food while Cami and I went to the rides. She did a few of them and we walked around a little.

We came back to the table and she said she was hungry so we got her a cheeseburger and my sister got a couple of plates of fried dough. We munched on that and then grandpa gave Cami some money to play some games. Cami is pretty good at them. She played the dart game wher eyou have to pop the balloons and she won something there. Then she moved to another booth where she had to pop something and she won something there too. Then we played the little duckie thing and she won something there too.

Then came the fun part. She wanted to play the gold fish one. This one you had to put the ping pong ball in the little gold fish bowl. Like this was going to happen. When I was a kid you put a dime in the bowl. You had a better chance at it. The balls are just small enough to fit in the top of the bowl. And the more you throw, the more they bounce all over the place. For $5 you get a whole bucket of balls. There must have been at least 20 of them.

There is no easy way to play this game so she was just randomly throwing them in. Of course she gets one in. And then another. I was hoping that she would have won a stuffed animal or something. But noooo, she got to take home two gold fish. Yes, real live gold fish. What the hell am I supposed to do with these? I know I have done this to my mom in the past but at least we had other fish in the house. We dont have any here anymore. So that means I will have to dig out a tank from somewhere. I know I have a few.

We went home and of course she remembered that there was one of the small hexagon tanks on the back porch. So I got that out and cleaned it all up and put some marbles in the bottom. I dont have a filter for it though. It will have to do. We set it up and got the fishies swimming in it. Then she fed them a little and that was that.

I asked her what we should name them and she said Pip and Pop. I thought of lunch and dinner for the kitty cat. LOL Im sure she wasnt too thrilled about that. So no kitty cat has her own entertainment.

Lets see how long they last.

3 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Are they still alive?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Max Brand said...

"beginnings of pms" LOL

That weekend sounds relatively peaceful.

10:04 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Sadly they didnt make it this far. :o( But she will get a new one.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home