Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung...

Spring Has Sprung...

I do believe that Spring has finally showed its head around here. The trees are budding and some are blooming. There are a few trees outside of my work that have pretty pale pink flowers all over them. I was thinking about taking a picture or two. Hope I remember to do so before the petals fall.

The week off was a blessing. Its something that was much needed. I wish there was a way to have a couple more days off. It really went too fast. Can I have a recount? Seriously though, that week off is a great way to get away from a lot of the stress. It does get to you .

But there is only a few more weeks of school left. I havent counted the days but its more around 45 or so. Not long to go. Also not long to go before mom comes up from Florida for the summer. She called the other night to let me know that they will be leaving on the 28th of this month. I cant wait. Ive been itching for the camp.

The week off was interesting though. On Saturday we decided to take Cami out for a fun day. We dont do the whole Easter Basket thing because Cami cant have the candy and she doesnt eat the eggs. Her Easter gifts are usually a couple of stuffed animals and some new clothes. A game or a new CD are added as a bonus. She doesnt go without. Believe me, she gets the goodies.

But this time we decided that a fun day would more than make up for it. She had already gone out with grandpa to do some Spring clothes shopping. She has gained alot of weight with the Abilify and her jeans werent fitting. But she was able to get some capri pants and a few new shirts. We have an addiction to Webkinz so I picked up a couple of them for her for her Easter basket and her dad got her a couple too.

We left in the morning and started heading to Saratoga. Of course there was a stop at a DD so I could have my first iced coffee of the season. It was a warm day out. Beautiful. We headed to a few places to look at some scenery and then went to a bowling alley up there. They have an arcade so we would have some fun. When we walked into this place, it was like heaven. I swear this is true. We all love to bowl and this was a regular bowling alley with about 28 lanes. But as I turned to my right, I nearly peed my pants. They have an arcade in there that would make Chuck E Cheeses look like a dump. I couldnt believe all the cool things they had in there. Plus they had a full size Ball City!!! THis is the coolest thing. Also they had full size bumper cars!!! In a bowling alley!!! Yes Im shouting.

We were there for about 4 hours. Before we left, Cami and I went into a photo booth and got our pictures taken together. It was fun. Then we headed to a Hallmark store there to see their supply of Webkinz. I was blown away with the selection. They had a few retired ones there too. So we grabbed a few and she also got a whole stack of free trading cards. We made out fairly well. After that we headed to the local Walmart. We needed to grab some last minute items for Easter dinner. As we were checking out, her school nurse saw us and came over to say hello. She looked at Cami and asked what happened to her eye. I didnt notice anything wrong until then. She had a small red spot. The nurse said it didnt look too bad but to watch it and see if it gets worse.

Monday we went to Utica with my father, sister and neice. We visited the family out there and had a nice lunch. We then went to see some houses that the family once owned and even the one where my father was born. It was nice to see that. Every time we go there, I get to learn something new about my family. Then we headed for home. On the way home we stopped at a gift store and I picked up some stones to make a bracelet.

Tuesday came and her eye was looking worse so I took her to the doctor. We were told that it was a subconjunctival hemorrhage and not to worry about it. It would go away on its own. I asked how it could have happened because I looked at the pictures of Cami and I from the arcade and it wasnt in her eye then. He said that it could happen just from coughing. So we had a whole week for it to heal. But it was now covering half of her eye. As the week went through, it did get more and more white again so I was relieved.

There were some rainy days and there were some nice days. The vacation was too short. Counting the days til Memorial Day weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home