Thursday, June 25, 2009

Winding down again....

Winding down again....

Its that time of year again. Today was the last day of school. In a way I am so glad that it is over. But I will miss the kids.

This morning was like any other morning. I dreaded going to work because of being up half the night with my daughter. Its not that she was actually up but that Im up on watch duty. Its a habit now. Today they are celebrating summer birthdays with one big party. I went in with a giant cookie that was decorated like a cake with the whole Happy Birthday Cami thing on it. Lets sugar them up for the last day.

I had to take half days for these two last days. They are half days for the kiddies but not for the staff. I find that to be pretty raw. Like what will we be doing anyways? Apparently we are to move everything from room to room for those teachers that are trading places. I would have stayed to help but there was no way that I could. I had to leave to go get Cami and there was no way that I was going to bring her back to the other school. Plus this would give me some time to hang out with my friends at her school. I miss them terribly. Its like I lost my family.

I parked the car out back and went inside. A feeling of sadness went over me. It was so good that people were welcoming to me and gave me hugs and that they missed me. We all exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. I will get together with them over the summer. That is for sure. I need Ami Jo to model stuff for me.

Leaving was very sad to me though. They were having a luncheon and I just couldnt sit there. The kids werent allowed and I didnt think it was appropriate for them to just hang out in the hall while the adults had fun. There was a meeting and all the new staff would be introduced. It wouldnt matter to me or not if I met them because I wont be working there next year. That alone is depressing enough.

I did receive my notice to return for next year. I will be working at the new school. More than likely in the special ed room. I dont mind working with the kids there but when I started there I was met with great hostility. I dont belong with them. At least that is the impression that I get. Im exclude out of everything. But the good thing is that I am included with the rest of the staff. Believe me, I didnt choose to be there and Im not there to steal anyones thunder. Everyone knows that I hate being in the spotlight. I guess they just need to get that point. Maybe next year they will be more welcoming. I dont know. Somehow I highly doubt that though.

After school we went to see grandpa and went out to lunch. We went to the mall and then we came home. It was a decent afternoon. My father wants to go to the park tomorrow. The one where I go hiking at. I have no idea what he wants to do there. He cant walk the trails. There really isnt much else to do there for him except hang out in the hot sun at the lookout. A picnic maybe. But there is alot of walking. From the bathrooms to the playground and all that stuff. I know he wont do that and I dont want to do that when it is hot and humid. Im a cold weather person.

We shall see what happens in the morning when he calls. The weather man is also calling for some storms so maybe that will deter him from wanting to go up there. It wouldnt be pleasant to be in such a high place with lightning. I could take him to the nature center and hang out there for a little while. We shall see.

Saturday I have a copper wire class with Juan. Then Sunday will be at the camp. I hope it will be a good weekend for that. I know right now my mom is getting some serious storms there. I was tempted to call her tonight but Im sure she wouldnt be able to hear me. I will call tomorrow.

Til then, Im going to chill out and relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home