Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Cant See....

I Cant See.....

Today was a real winner of a day. The morning started off interesting. I honestly didnt intend to hit the snooze more than twice. Somehow I hit it three times. But thats ok. I still leave myself plenty of time to get ready. Its just that Im one of those people that cant spring out of bed in the morning. If I do, then I will just spring right back into it. Im not a morning person. Yesterday I was up early enough to make a pot of coffee. I made up my thermo-mug but I forgot it on the kitchen counter. Sucks to waste perfectly good sugar and caffine.

Today was no different. But the weird thing is, as I hit the snooze for the third time, I heard something out in the kitchen. I have a pair of Crocs next to my bed. The one good thing about those is that they leave no sound when you walk. My bedroom is right off the kitchen. I could see in the reflection of the oven on the counter that someone was in my kitchen. That someone could only be my wonderful child. The only time she goes in the kitchen in the morning is to get something. Now mind you that everything is under lock and key because she will steal it if its not. Its an ADHD thing.

So I slipped on the Crocs and jumped out in the kitchen. Sure enough, she was on my step stool with my keys in hand, trying to unlock the snack cabinet. Busted. Her response was to throw my keys on the floor and stomp out to the livingroom. The thing is, I was awake when I hit the snooze all three times. I just didnt want to get out of bed. That means that she snuck into my room, picked up the pants I had on the floor and took my keys out of my pocket. Shes smooth but not that smooth.

So she was pissed off that she wasnt able to get a second strawberry straw for her breakfast. Those things do rock though. You drink your milk through them and it turns the milk to a strawberry flavor. We have chocolate ones too. They arent the NesQuik ones though. I dont know where my mom got thembut Im going to assume somewhere in Florida.

She got over her snotty attitude fast this morning. I told her that if she didnt wise up quick, she wouldnt be allowed to watch The Jonas Brothers on tv. That did the trick. So I went about my morning and then went to the fridge for a drink. It was unlocked. So was the freezer. Hmmmm.... I could have sworn that I locked them last night. I opened the fridge and my candy was still in there so I know she didnt get into there. I need to be more careful before bed.

I would like to take this time to tell you that Im am beyond exhausted. If there are any typos, too bad. Im not fixing them. Im too tired to. Im sure there might be some good ones though.

I was able to get Cami to school early and then I was debating on going for some coffee before I went to school. That didnt happen because I got stuck in traffic on the way and there wasnt any time after. I walked into the building and went to my classroom. There would be a substitute today because there was a big meeting regarding my one on one. Im hoping that he goes to a half day deal because the afternoons suck. Im tired of running the halls.

The morning itself went great. The kids were a little off but thats expected with a substitute in the room. I did my best to maintain normalsy though. Is that how you spell it? Anywho, at about lunch time with the kids, I took mine outside to play. He was joined by his classmates and he was having a great time. Normally he wont eat anything and I dont make him eat. I know that feeling with Cami not eating because of the medication. So I dont force the kids to do it. But he did grab some pretzel sticks and ate those. I was happy.

But once I got outside, I started feeling a little sick myself. My vision was blurring and I could see heat waves. You know, like the ones in a Scooby cartoon. Or the end of Waynes World. Which ever you choose. Only this time they were in the form of a rectangle. I know this is a migraine coming on and its going to be a bad one. My one on ones mother showed up from the meeting and we chatted about how it all went down and when he will be coming for half days. I also told her that he had a great morning. She took him home with her and I decided that I was not needed now and went to the nurse for my headache. Or I should say, the one that will soon be hitting me.

I got to the nurses office and by this time, I was losing vision in my left eye. This was not a good thing. She gave me some Excedrine but that wasnt helping. I then went to my boss and told him that I was going to take a half day. When this happens, I know what to expect and it would be best that I get home as soon as possible before I wouldnt be able to drive.

He let me leave and I went straight home. I took some meds and crashed on the couch. That was the end of me til I had to go pick up Cami from school. I would just like to add that at that moment, Imitrex was the only answer. I was able to become conscious enough by then to go get her. That is the ultimate miracle drug. I just wish it wasnt so expensive.

I was able to go to class and I finished off a necklace that I had been working on and also the project for the evening. A crystal beaded dragonfly. I bought an extra kit to make one for a friend because she needs some cheering up. She recently lost her pooch and I know she is very sad.

Im sure that will give me something to do for the weekend coming up. Whoohoo. A three day weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Funny, but this is the first looong weekend I've had in almost a year. Ah, and I'm now into my 2nd day of '5' of pure bliss. Oh happy days are here, meow. LOL.

Don't suppose there's any point in googling if there's a company producing booze-flavored straws? Nah, I thought not.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home