Thursday, June 04, 2009

Swimsuit Hell....

Its the only way to describe it.

This is one of the blogs that I started one night but I didnt finish. I have a few of them so bear with me. I want to get all these thoughts out of my head so I can be somewhat normal minded again. As if.

You have got to be kidding. Those were my words all day today. It was so friggin hot today. My brain is fried. I think I left it somewhere on a hot sidewalk. It was like an egg sizzling on a hot pan. I dont remember any butter being involved though. I know there are some of you that will know that reference. I only wish that was the case but sadly its not. It was just really really hot.

The morning went really well. The only issue I had was with myself. Scary huh? But my alarm went off and I woke up to hit the snooze. I then realized that my bladder was quite full. You know I cant just shut the alarm off and snooze a little more because that body organ is the control center for keeping me awake. So I got up and went to the bathroom but then went back to bed. It seemed like a good solution at the time. I then hit the snooze two more times before I crawled back out of bed and hit the shower. I was exhausted. It was like I hadnt slept at all.

I managed to make it through the morning routine and got to school on time. There was no time to stop off to get a coffee though. So I had to settle for a diet pepsi because the machine at school was sold out of everything that was fully sugared and exploding with caffine. Which is what I truely needed.

My one on one didnt show up today. Technically that meant that I should have gone upstairs to the containment room. But I decided to play it safe and stay in the morning room to see if he came in late. He didnt. Oh well, that made my morning a little easier. I went through everything in there with the other kids and then I took them to the cafeteria for lunch. We went outside for recess and I played with them for a little while before I had to take my own lunch.

After my lunch time, I went upstairs. It was like walking into a heated sauna. There is a ceiling fan and a floor fan in the room but that wasnt cutting it. Being on the top floor in the direct heat was killer. One of the other teachers from down in the basement offered her fan for us to use. The basement is always cool enough to where she has a sweater on in her room. Lucky her. We got through the afternoon without too much crap. The kids were hot and it showed. We were all miserable in the heat. Even with three fans blowing at us.

After school, I picked Cami up and we headed home to let the dog out before going to grandpas. I washed up and Cami changed her clothes. She was wearing shorts but she was all sweaty and I knew she would feel better in clean dry clothes. We then picked grandpa up and went to the buffet for dinner. From there we went to the mall. This is where the fun starts.

I decided that she needed a new bathing suit. The one she had last year was big enough to fit her around her body but the top was a little too low. She grew taller and the suit went shorter. Im not sure if you have ever had to go clothing shoping for a preteen that shoots up like a weed. You buy something now and in a month it no longer fits. Can be quite frustrating.

Im sure you will all agree that bathing suit shopping is a bitch. For some reason, they are all made for the same person who is the same size for every damn one of them. The makers obviously dont realize that people come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you weigh 300lbs or 100lbs, that suit was made for someone that was either taller or shorter than you. They just never fit right. Pisses everyone off. Its one of the reason I dont bother buying one.

Well add that shape and height thing to someone that is picky with colors. She must have tried on about 40 different suits. They all fit her in some sort of strange way, but she hated all the colors. I was running out of suits and patience. She finally settled on two that were acceptable for her to be seen in public. But I should also add that it only took three hours to do this.

But I will guarentee that she wont wear them without a shirt to cover herself up. *smacks forehead* Hers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home