Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not By The Hair Of My....

Not By The Hair On My.....

Neck. I dont have chin hair.

I wish that I could have saved a video of the weather that was here yesterday. Holy Moly. It wasnt pleasant at all.

During the afternoon, I was in the room upstairs at the school when suddenly, out of the blue, the lightning flashed and the thunder cracked. I was sitting on the window sill with the window open when it happened. Scared the living daylights out of me. I really dont like thunderstorms and when they make the sharp cracking sound, that scares me even more. A few of the kids were a little shaken. Not stirred. But they had a good laugh because they said that I jumped. All the hair on the back of my neck was standing on edge though.

Later that evening, I was home chillin' out with the cat and the pooch. Cami was watching tv and everything was relaxed. I had the shades closed and everything was closed up because I had the ACs on and cooling the house down. I didnt have a chance to prepare as I didnt see the flash of lightning. The crack of the thunder was so loud and so forceful, I jumped out of my skin and the cat tried to get under the matress. Im sure that if someone saw me, they would have called me an Xray.

A city near by was reporting hail the size of golfballs and I wasnt looking forward to that. The booms were loud, the lightning was bright and the rain was coming down in buckets. I checked the severe weather stations and there wasnt any reports of tornadoes around. Im thankful for that. The sky sure as hell looked it though. I was watching the clouds change directions a few times before the storm finally settled down. Yeah, dummy me, watching the storm from the windows. I was watching for signs that we would have to hit the basement. Like that would happen anyways because we would have to go outside to get to the basement door.

The only time I like a thunderstorm is when I am at the camp. The camp is located at the base of a mountain so when the thunder hits, it echoes through the mountain range. One roll of thunder can last a long time and it does sound really cool. I dont like thunderstorms at night. Im always afraid of a power outage and that just fuels my fear of the dark. Im not ashamed to say that I am scared. I have my reasons. But I always have a flashlight nearby.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I like a good thunderstorm when I can watch it from the safety of my porch and no trees fall on the house!

5:42 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Or the wind blowing the rain in on you.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home