Thursday, May 21, 2009

Im Melting...

Im Melting...

I think I may have already used this title but even if I didnt, its the way I was feeling today. Its starting to feel more and more like Summer. I printed out a couple of calendars today that are blank. I did that just so that I could write in them and make sure that it is known to the world that there are 23 days of school left before summer vacation. It also means that there are 23 days more left til I am unemployed. There is always something to spoil my joy.

My daughter was really off her rocker this morning. I just couldnt see through her logic today. Either I was blind or I was just not fully conscious. Usually I can see through so that means my eyes were open but my mind was still in sleepyland. My alarm went off and I went to hit the snooze. You know when you get that unconscious feeling that you are being watched? Well I usually get that with the pets when they wait for me to wake up because they want something. But they tend to stare at you til you do. Its a creepy feeling and sometimes can interact with your dreams. But this morning was a little different. I didnt wake to the cats ass in my face or the dog ready to lick me because shes so damn happy Im alive to feed her. Such a dull life they lead. I want to be just like them.

Nope, this time it wasnt the pets. It was the kid. As soon as the alarm went off, I bolted up to snap the snooze when I hear "MOM! I NEED A DRINK!" Yes I did the uppercase letters on purpose because thats how I got it this morning. I was in such a daze and not awake but the ringing in my ears wouldnt stop after that. She was about 3 feet from my head when she yelled. It was like a freight train went past. I was about to pull the rails out from under it though. Crash. Oops.

What in the world made her think that I was moving out of my bed before I absolutely have to get up? Oh yeah, Im the one with the keys to the fridge. Sorry but I refuse to let anyone here drink the tap water. Its gross. So I stagger out to the fridge and unlock it for her so she could get a drink. I locked it back up and went back for my 6 minutes that I had left on the snooze. Hey, 6 minutes is a long time for me in the morning. I will take what I can get. Of course I hit the snooze one more time after that.

I got up out of bed and saw her on the couch. She was wearing a tshirt and jeans. Her shoes were on and she was pretty much ready to go. I jumped in the shower and got myself ready. When I came out to the kitchen to get a drink, she was wearing pink pants and a tanktop. I know Im awake enough to know the difference but I was confused as to why she changed. She was putting something in a bag. Something that resembled jeans. Odd.

So I told her that she wasnt allowed to wear those pants to school because they didnt really fit her. And there was no way I was sending her to school with an old tanktop on. I have no idea what was going through her mind for that fashion disaster. So I made her change. I got the rest of my stuff ready and then walked into the diningroom just in time to see her walking out of her room wearing something different. But she was still stuffing something in a bag. She now has a tshirt on and jeans again. Different ones than the first set.

I asked her what she was putting in the bag and she told me that she was putting a skort in the bag. For those that dont know what a skort it, its a skirt with an attached pair of shorts under it. I asked why she was putting them in the bag and she said that she was bringing them so that she could change once she got to school. I can understand the logic to that part because I knew it was going to be really hot. I told her to just go put the skort on now and not bother with the jeans. She grunted yet again at me and went to change. I also told her to put a bra on as well and got another grunt for that. But at least she didnt scream at me and start throwing things. I honestly expected that.

We made it to her school without any battles and I thought it was going to be a great day. I will add now that it was a great day for her. For her. Not me. I mean, it wasnt a bad day. It was just a pissy day. I could have done without the heat. It was so hot. The downstairs part of the school isnt so bad as the upstairs. It was sweltering up there. They really need to allow for airconditioning.

Today was the first day on the half day schedule with my one on one. He is to be leaving at about 11:30am and then I am to go to lunch. After lunch I return to the classroom upstairs as I was before. Seemed like an easy day at the time because usually the kid does fairly well in the morning. Usually. Today wasnt going to be one of those days. This kid has such a hard time gathering himself that when he goes wild, he is just placed on a computer and plays games so that he can be contained to one area. I dont follow that rule. Im not going to give the kid the privilage of having fun while the others have to work. Its not fair.

So my rules are that he has to do some work to earn the computer time. For all the amount of time he works, he will get that time for computer play. When I came into the classroom, he was sitting at his desk working on his morning paper. He had a few wrong but Im not allowed to correct him. This is the stuff that gets put in his file to show what he knows and what he doesnt know. And I do admit that he did make the effort and it was neatly done. Then he was allowed to play with a learning toy. These toys are things like shape blocks or numbers and letters. Even dominoes. When its time for the morning announcements, the bags are all put away and then the kids go to sit on the carpet for the morning circle time.

During this time, they do morning greetings to everyone in the room, they go through the day of the week thing and then some word wall stuff. Then they sing some daily songs and read a story. Not too bad. He didnt want to do this though and asked me nicely for a walk. Ok. He was getting wiggly on the carpet so this will be a five minute thing for him to get some energy out. He was doing great for the most part. We walked to the library where he asked if he could have some computer time. I told him that he can have about 5 minutes and then go back to class. That was a mess from the start.

He did his computer time. He then decided that he would go back to class but he took off running. Oh joy. Im not running. But he did make it back to class. He went back to the carpet and did some more work for a few more minutes. I told him to get through his centers and then he could have more computer time later. I figured an hour of work and then the rest of the time on the computer til mom came to pick him up. I was soon to see that wasnt going to be the case.

As the kids were getting up from the carpet, he hit one of them and kicked at her. I had to remove him from the room and he took off again. I chased him to the office and told him to wait there. I went back to the room and got all his center work and told him that he needed to do this or there would be no computer time. He didnt like that too much and I had to chase him down again.

Finally I trapped him in the hall down in the basement where the lounge and the learning rooms are. I sat him down and forced him to do the work while he stared at the computer in the corner. After some grumbling and slapping the table, he finished it all and I told him that he was allowed some play time. He did his work and I did promise him. So we went back up to the library. At about 11:45am I pulled him out of there to go to the office to wait for his mom. While in there he went through everything and caused some issues. Very stressing and I was at my whits end by 12:30. Mom wasnt there yet. She is an hour late. She finally came about 15 minutes later and then I was off to lunch. I needed that break.

The rest of the afternoon was fine. It was sweltering hot in that room upstairs but at least there wasnt any serious problems. Just one kid whining and one kid running around the room. I was sweaty and exhausted by the time I left. I picked up Cami and went home to an airconditioned house. I was beat. And to think that I get to do this all over again tomorrow.

Im glad its the weekend coming and that it is also a pay week. I just hope its not as hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home