Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers Day....

Mothers Day....

I know Im a week late on this post. Its been a rotten week.

Mom is home from Florida. She came home the week before and I was anxious to see her. I havent seen her since November. Yes, I missed my Mommy.

The drive down to the camp couldnt go fast enough. I wanted to get there. We pulled in at about 11:30am. It was so awesome to see them. We had Mommy Day presents. Of course I forgot the leaf vase that I bought for her while she was in Florida though.

The day was warm and cloudy though. I knew that it was going to rain. But it was still a thrill to be there. I love the place. Its so quiet and relaxing. But there has been some changes. Hard to describe though. Seems that the owner just cant get enough money. That was sarcasim. The man is rolling in cash but still wants more. You know the type. You would think that having all the campers that he has there now would be enough. Nope. Not him. He has to have more.

The reason that I complain about this is the fact that the campground is in the mountains and the woods. Its the perfect place. But every year, he clears out more and more trees for more and more sites. This takes away the beauty of the place because its not so quiet and its not so wooded. Its more open and a lot more people.

The area where our site is located is away from the main drag. Its on a small side area where its one small road that loops. If you look down the road that the camp is on, it looks like a dead end. Not many people go down it for that very reason. The road takes a turn at the end and looks like you would be driving into the woods. The trailer is the last one on the left. When the road turns, it goes down a small hill and goes around to the area in back of the trailer. Across from those trailers on that road is an open field that used to be the tenting area and it was surrounded with woods. Its far enough from the lake so that we dont get the noise or the bugs. Holiday weekends are full in there but that area was always still quiet.

In the last couple of years, the field was converted to an area for campers. There was no sewer hooked up but the weekenders were in there. It wasnt bad at all. Up in the front entrance though, the area was all cleared out and about 30 new sites were created. There was another area in the middle cleared out as well. But now the field and the wooded area around it are cleared out for about 20 new sites. Now when you go around that turn by my trailer, you see the clearing and it looks horrible. The woods are all gone. Im sure that by July, that will be full and the noise and traffic will be a pain in the ass.

We had a great day though. Cooked burgers on the fire. Sat and chatted and relaxed for a while. I was home again too. The ride home was a bit interesting. The camp is located in a major mountain range. To get home we have to leave those mountains and travel through some others. Those always look misty when you go through. Most of the time, its raining. This was no exception. Remember when I drove through that tornado? Same area.

Today was gloomy skies and sure enough, in that same area of the tornado, the wind picked up and the rain started coming. It was coming sideways and making it hard to travel. There has to be a better way. Well there is but the trip is longer and I dont like to drive it. We made it home safely though. It was a wonderful day. I cant wait til next weekend to do it again.

Sunday was a bit different. I didnt have anything planned for the day but to sleep late and be lazy. Which is what I did. But something bad happened. I have no idea what or when it actually started though. At about 7pm, I was feeling sick. Nausea and cramping. I blew it off and called it from all that traveling and stuff. My body started aching and my head hurt. It wasnt a migraine so it wasnt too bad. I went back to bed at around 1am. I was feeling a little worse but decided to sleep it off instead. That didnt happen.

At about 2:30am, I woke up to a sick feeling and I ran to the bathroom. It was aweful. I spent the rest of the night on the floor in there. Both ends were constantly emptying. I dont have the vomit reflex so it was all forced. I needed to expell what ever was in me and I really didnt have too much of a choice. It was quite painful. At about 6:30 am, I finally went back to bed and I knew I was calling in. This was not going to be something I was bringing to work with me.

At about 7:30am, I was up again and in the bathroom. Another round. Cami was up and ready for school. She knew I was sick and I wasnt going to keep her home. I needed to rest and I also needed to call the doctor. I called in from the bathroom and I thought for sure I was going to lose it again. I took Cami to school at about 8:30am. I was able to get a shower before that though. That seemed to help a little. I was really sore though. But I got her there and I went straight back home.

I called the doctor when I got home and was told that the symptoms I had were sounding like food poisoning. I didnt have a fever. I didnt have the shakes or the chills. It wasnt a flu. I was told to keep a watch on it and if it continued, to come in and have blood work done. But this shouldnt last. I then decided to sleep it off and passed out. The cramping was gone and so was the need to expell. At about 11am, Bill was called to go pick up Cami from school. Seems she got into an argument with another girl and was hit in the face with the wooden hall pass. She had a little bump on her head but she was fine. I really wanted a quiet afternoon to sleep but that wasnt happening.

Cami was pretty good about letting me rest though and the whole episode was behind me. Now all I had was pain. Severe pain to my lower back and side. I thought for sure that if it wasnt food poisoning, it was a kidney stone. Thats what the pain felt like. I felt bruised like someone was kicking me. I spent the rest of the day and evening in bed.

The next day was going to be interesting because I had to go to work. I had no choice. I need to keep my job. This was the first day that I took off from work for myself being sick. Every other time, it was because Cami was sick. I went into work and they understood why I took the day off.

That was something I wont forget. I had never had food poisoning before and I hope to hell that I never get it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home