Sunday, April 05, 2009

Here it comes...

And so the headache begins....

I have another blog post in the makings but I thought that this one was more important to finish first. Its Spring and I have a nasty headache. The kind that you want to just take a drill and put it through your head and rip out your eyeballs with a screw driver. Sounds like fun? One of these days I just might try it.

I woke up with a headache this morning that wouldnt go away. I went shopping with my father, Cami, sister, neice and her boyfriend. By the way Tiff, keep this one. I like him. You got a good one.

So I have been taking 800mg pills of ibuprofin. It wasnt working. Come on. How many of these do I have to take? So I picked up some Alavert today and that seems to be doing the trick. Im down to a dull ache. Conscious enough to function but Im still making a hell of a lot of typos. Oh well. Seems to be the norm.

Yesterday was the shit day for me. This whole past week wasnt all that great either. I totally lost it when I heard about LWs dog and that sank me into despair. I loved her dearly and now shes gone. Yes I cried and I cried alot. More for him though because she was his baby. So he knows where my heart is.

Also in the news, the budget cuts hit pretty damn hard. Im really sick of all this bullshit with the economy. Thanks to our former president, we are in the hole and still digging. Maybe we will reach the other side of the planet soon. Seems to be that way. Im thinking we need to take all the money that he has and get this place out of debt. This is stiking too close to home for me.

Our school district is getting hit pretty hard and its coming at us really fast. Yesterday I got the dreaded letter in the mail. I was waiting for this to happen but I was hoping that they would at least wait til the end of the year to do it. Nope. Its not going to happen that way. We are getting shit on left and right.

So this wonderful letter told me that Thursday is my last day at the school that I work in. Which is also the one that my child attends. We have a week off for spring break and then I am to report to another school on the 20th. How stupid is this? I know that I should be happy that I still have a job to go to and that it will be money coming in. They arent cutting my pay rate or my hours. I really dont care that I have to go to another school. Yes I will miss my friends and coworkers. I will miss them alot. But I still have contact with them and I know that I wont lose them as my friends. I love them dearly and they are trying their best to help me work through this.

My concern is how this is going to be for my child. Im with her because she needs me there. Being ADHD and with ODD, she needs that support. But I know that it might work better without me being there so that she can work things out on her own. Plus she has Tina there with her should she need someone. But my main concern is getting her to school and picking her up. I dont have anyone to put her on a bus or to get her off the bus. So tomorrow morning I have to call my new boss up and set up an appointment to talk to him about this. Work something out so that I can take her to school and still be at my new one. If this cant work then Im screwed. I will be forced to resign because my kid comes first. Call me a bad mom. I dont care. I will put her above everything else. Yes, Im momma bear.

The other thing that royally pissed me off is that they cut into the music programs for next year. The only one still standing is band. Strings was cut. How can they do this to the kids? Sports was also cut back to barely nothing. This is what these kids rely on to get out of the hell hole that they call this city. They need the sports and music for scholarships to get the hell out.

Plus they have cut librarians and a lot of para positions. Mostly the special ed ones. How does this work for the kids? It doesnt work. They need us to help them get through and to learn. Without the paras, these kids suffer. Plus they will be cutting teachers as well. Where are these kids supposed to go? Larger classrooms and less staff. Hmmmm sounds like trouble to me.

So I thank you Mr. Ex President and Mr. Buttnut Gov for all you have NOT done to help out the little people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home