Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lets go for a ride...

Lets go for a ride....

This post took place last week..... I know I know.. I fall behind...

That was pretty much my day today. Im still not sure what the hell happened this morning but Im sure it will all come back to haunt me soon enough. I also learned a hard lesson today. I have since moved all medications to various locations so they dont get mixed up. Yep. This involves medications. Harmless ones though. Bear with me, this isnt easy to type out. My fingers are not connected to my brain yet. Then again, my brain wasnt connected to anything this morning.

Im not writing this for the laughs or anything like that. Although I can laugh about it and a few others got a hell of a kick out of it all today. But there is a lesson to be learned. Im sure I will get to that part when I remember what it was. Seriouly though, this is a sort of warning. Funny and harmless as it may be.

Once again, I have a cold. Seems to be happening a lot lately. I think I am immune to hand sanitizer. I tend to drown myself with it all day long. Im also one of those that will use it when I sneeze and blow my nose. Just so I dont touch anything with my own cold germs and catch it again later. Sounds anal but when you are around dozens of kids with runny noses, you would do the same.

We also make it a policy for ourselves and for the kids to cough into the inside of the elbow area of your arm. Coughing into your hand only spreads germs faster. So then comes the area of hand washing. Ive learned that you should wash more than just your hands. A little up the arms doesnt hurt but when Im sick, I do tend to react like a doctor heading into surgery. Kids like to share everything and most of it is something I dont want. And I also dont want to spread it to others. That, in turn, spreads it right back to me. You get the picture.

Well anywho, last night I wasnt feeling all that great and I was coughing a lot. I couldnt get any rest. Every time I laid down, I coughed. And it was a hard cough and shit was coming up. A lot of lung slugs to be seen. Not so pretty colored ones though. But thats what I needed to do. Cough it all up. And it was working. But it just wasnt the right time to be doing it.

***I had stopped here so I will pick this up now**

So this particular night I was getting really tired of coughing and not being able to sleep. So I got up at about 230am and grabbed for the TheraFlu Nighttime stuff. Nasty tasting but works. Knocked me out cold. Slept like a baby. But I think it was more like sleeping like a puppy because I wasnt waking up for anyone.

At 630, the alarm went off and I hit the snooze for a few minutes. Ok so it was more like a half hour. I got up, took a shower and stumbled my way back into the kitchen. I figured I would get some daytime cold medicine in me to get me through. I reached in, opened the bottle, popped the pill and went back into the bathroom to work on putting my face together.

After my makeup goes on, its time for my hair. I took off the towel and brushed it all out. I grabbed the blow dryer and flipped my hair forward and bent over to blow dry my hair upside down. Thats when it hit me. OMFG did it hit me. Im sure my eyes went wide because I felt them ooze out of my face. I stood upright and everything went around in a circle really quick. I sat down and it was like sitting in a very bright room.

I went to the kitchen and opened the cabinet and looked to see what the hell was in there. Oh and mind you that Im wide awake now. Really awake. Not sure if it was from the medication or the fact that I was in shock for what I saw. The bottle that normally had my cold medication in it was knocked back and the only bottle that stood in the front was my daughters ADHD med. Oh shit. I took one of hers.

Now mind you that I dont have the problems that she has that requires her to have this medication. Its harmless to me so Im not overly worried but I was wondering what the affects would be to my blood pressure. Im on medications for that. But I will tell you that if I had lost my bright eyes and bushy tail earlier, they were sure as hell attached now. But the one thing that I know is a side effect to her started to be one for me. I felt queasy to my stomach. I know she gets this feeling as well.

I didnt say anything to her about it though. I just moved on with the motions of the morning and got ready. We left on time and went to school. I will tell you that things were pretty much a lot clearer. Sharper would be a good word too. I wasnt going to say anything to anyone about it but I thought that if something happened to me, they would know what to tell the nurse. So I informed a couple of people that I do work with that see me often. Of course they had a good laugh about it.

But I just wanted to make sure of this. After the morning assembly, I went to the school nurse to see what she had to say about it. She checked my vitals and said that my pupils were quite large an that my pulse rate was over 100. So I had to pop in her office a few times to keep check of it. Its a 12 hour medication so it should wear off soon. I told the teacher that I work with and she said that the next time I do these drugs, that I have to share with her. I will hold her to that one. I think she would like this.

The morning wasnt so bad. Everyone said that I was talking very fast paced. Like I should be doing radio disclaimer ads. I wasnt impressed though. I still felt sick to my stomach. Now I know what my kid goes through and why she doesnt want to bother with lunch. I can just imagine what her little tummy feels like.

At about 3, I started coming down. Holy cow. This was not fun. The nurse said that my pulse rate had lowered to normal but my face was flush and I was slurring my words. She suggested that I contact my doctor just in case he wanted to see me. I said I was fine. I was now expecting to get realy bitchy like Cami does when she comes down from this.

But all in all it wasnt so bad. I had a headache and I got some sleep out of it though. But I now have all my own medications in my room so that there is no chance of a mix up. Although some of that clonidine would be good right now. I need some sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Did it cure your coughing?

For a second there I thought you changed into a cartoon character... Boing!

Seriously though, I do hope you get some luck, as you are having to deal with so much lately.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home