Sunday, November 02, 2008

Boo....

Boo....

Did I scare you? Probably not. But it was worth the effort.

Today is Halloween and Im pretty much wiped out. I really didnt do much today but walk. And walk some more. I really dreaded today because of all the sugar that would be going around. I knew the morning would be fast paced as it was only a half day today. We arrived at the school on time and she put her outfit on. For those of you that were in the card exchange, that was her outfit.

We went outside to the playground and the kids all checked out each others costumes. Hard to do when you are wearing a winter coat. One of the boys showed up with the best costume. And the funny part was, we actually expected something like this from him too. It was a fat old woman. Padding and all. I cant post a picture because of privacy but it was hysterical. A pink polka dot dress and alot of "flesh" pillows. He played the part so well.

After the morning assembly, the kids all went back to the classroom to get ready for the parade. This is the part that I really dont like. Not because I have a heel spur and have to walk alot, but its the neighborhood that I dont like. So Im with my class and we get all lined up and I have two cameras to work with to take pictures. We get called out and Im walking down the line to catch up to the other classes and I notice that Cami isnt there. I asked her teacher and he said that her ankle was bothering her. She sort of twisted it a little when she was wearing her clogs on the playground the other day. So I said ok and went about taking all the shots for the school.

When we got around to the back of the building, I noticed one of the teachers just standing there so I went over to see whats up and he was standing over a pile of dog poop blocking it from the kids. Its such a wonderful job huh? Good thing I have good balance.

Once back inside, I found her and sent her off to her class. I then went back to my class and downloaded the pictures and ran back out to the hall for some more. I managed to get some kids from just about every classroom. We all had alot of fun posing and looking at everyones costumes. I popped in and out of Cami's room a few times. I popped in and out of my own a few times.

After it was all over and the kiddies all went home, I was pretty much exhausted. I still had alot more to do that day and I really needed to give my foot a much needed rest. We headed for home.

At about 3pm, the paperwork was all set at the bank and the dealer for a vehicle I was purchasing. A 2001 Blazer. I took the whole $5000 and had some cash put into my bank account. Im going to be going there this week with my paycheck to deposite some more in there and also to open an account for Cami. I think this will be a good thing for her. Its alot better than shoving her money in her dresser drawer.

So now the car is purchased and it will be going in for an inspection tomorrow. I will be able to pick it up on Tuesday. I hope. I need this vehicle.

Lets see... What else has been happening? Oh, we got a little snow and then we had a really nice weekend. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. Im waiting for the Winter blast to hit and then I get teased with more warmer weather. I like this weather though. Its a little chilly but there isnt any snow on the ground. Its perfect. I dont mind the cold. I just dont like it when I have to wear earmuffs and a scarf in it. When I wear those, then you know its cold out. I prefer weather where you can wear a Fall jacket and still feel the brisk air. But of course that only means Im going to be sick again. I did have my flu shot already though.

Ive been chatting with mom every friday night. She fills me in on allthe goodies down there. Mostly she rubs in the weather and how nice it is on the beach. How shes sitting on her patio wearing shorts at 10pm. Sucks to be her, huh? Mousie gives me the football picks for the week and then I tell him he is still in last place. Oops. But then again, Im not doing too well myself this year. I will catch up though. Wait and see.

Cami has been on the fritz again regarding her behavior. I wasnt sure it if was the medications wearing off too soon or what. She had a few really outragious days. I feel so bad for her and its really frustrating for me as well. Her mornings are pure hell. Her days have been really good though. But around 4pm, shes shooting in a downward spiral. The medication is supposed to last til at least 7pm before she comes down.

But you can see it happening. Her face gets all flushed and her brain speaks something different than what her mouth is saying. She gets irritable and bitchy. I know she cant control it. But the littlest things will set her off. I called her doctor and we set up an appointment for the 15th. He doesnt want to up the dose of the medication but wants to work on some therapy for her. I hope this works for her.

The thing that gets me the most is the impulsiveness of it all. Saturday morning was a prime example of it. I have alarms on the fridge, freezer and the snack cabinet. She has figured out how to get into them though. But Friday after the party, there was some treats left over. My mistake was bringing them home. I thought I had them well hidden. I guess I was wrong. She was hell bent on finding them and she did. They were rice crispy treats and there were 12 left. She ate 8 of them. I think I would have puked after 4. The ones left were shoved under her pillow. So now I have to wash all her sticky bedding.

But this was something she was really sorry for once her medication was active. She really doesnt understand why she does this. Its so difficult for this. There is no thought for it. Just like going into the bathroom this morning (unmedicated) and spraying the door with the shower head.

I wish there was something I could give her sooner that would last longer. I know there isnt a miracle out there but something to help her. Its so frustrating.

Tomorrow starts another week. Shes asleep now but she will be up in a couple of hours for round two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home