Friday, June 27, 2008

And So It Ends....

And So It Ends...

School is officially out for the summer. Boo-Yay!! It also means that I am unemployeed at the moment. I will be back there in Sept though. But I need something for the summer. I need gas money and class money. Its been a good thing that I havent had two cool things that I wanted to learn in the same week. So once a week has been my limit. Its not cheap to do this but I want to learn all that I can. I really should concentrate on what I already know and make alot of stuff that way. As it is, Im making one or two of these items and moving on to the next. I need to build up a stock.

Yesterday was the last day of school. I was a sad and happy day. I was happy to be out of there but sad because I will miss everyone. I made it through til the last minute when one of the 6th graders came up to me and cried and I started to cry. I will miss her a lot. I get attached to these kids like they are my own.

We spent the day cleaning rooms and letting the kids do what they wanted to do. Mostly play on the computer and watch movies. We had a special guest at the school and Cami got to meet him. It was only the Mayor but he also signed her yearbook. He was pleasant.

After school we had a nice lunch and we all gathered and said our goodbyes to a few that were leaving to move on to another school. It was really sad. One of them I was hoping would be Cami's teacher for next year. But I know her reasons and they are pretty much the same as the rest of ours, should we actually leave too. I dont blame her one bit and Im really happy that she will be in a better place.

One of the paras that left caused us all a great heartache. His wife used to work there as well and she fell ill. Time is not on her side and shes not well at all. She is on life support and will not make it. So for Mark and Claudia...I luvs you guys and I miss you terribly.

After the lunch, Cami went home and I stayed to finish work. We were stuck there til 4pm as a normal day. I wasnt complaining too much because I really needed those few extra hours of pay. I came down the hall to the the A wing and when I came around the corner, they were playing cart bowling. This is alot of fun but we cant get caught at it. We had one teacher watching for a code red call. The rest of us stayed out of range or risk getting nailed by the cart. The sound alone of the cart crashing against the chairs or the walls and the cabinets was hysterical. Im such a loser. I couldnt hit that chair if my life depended on it. But we all had some laughs and got alot of frustration out. Good thing we didnt get caught. I took some pictures for the memories and Gabe kept telling me not to gather evidence but we laughed.

What we do is we take an old cart that is on wheels and push it back and forth down the length of the hall. They were using chairs as the goal until I found a couple of cones. We did that for a couple of hours and then the teachers left at 315pm. Then the paras gathered in a few rooms and we finished off the jobs. We all left with each others emails and numbers and promises to get together over the summer.

Today was tough. I didnt want to get out of bed. I took Cami to my fathers house and checked on him. He isnt doing so well. He is back on the old heart medication that makes him feel sick to his stomach and causes heart flutters. He has to be on it for 4 weeks and then he goes in for a zap to regulate everything. I hate when this happens because he is so miserable. I keep a close watch when this happens.

While there we decided to go get something to eat. At the mall, I ran into my friend Maria. Shes the one that cuts my hair and she leaves for 6 months at a time. I think she goes back to Sweden. But anyways, I decided that I needed to get my hair cut now or wait even longer next time. Its been well over a year since she cut it and it was needed. Badly. My hair was almost down to my lower back and the ends were a mess. Its my fault though. Ever since Terry left, I have had to color my hair myself. I hate the box stuff. It drys my hair out. But it must be this way because I cant afford anything else.

So now Im sitting here with about 8 inches gone off my hair. Its still long and below my shoulders though. Im just used to having so much of it. Maybe I will take a pictue of it now and do a comparison thing. Before and after. But it will all grow back out again. It was all one length with front layers. My hair curls on its own but only at the ends. Now its back to being layered again. My long ponytail is gone. I would have done a donation thing but we didnt plan that ahead of time. I should have though. Sorry now that I didnt think of it then.

So now Summer is officially here. Next up is the 4th of July. Lets see what trouble I can get into then. We are planning to win the parade again this year. Wait til you see what we come up with. I wont spoil you but there willbe alot of laughs this year too.

3 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

I say picture! Lets see your new haircut. And also the Swedish hairstylist...

1:04 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Its not much different from what I already look like. LOL

4:38 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I'll bet it looks cute on you.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home