Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stupid people....

What possesses people to be so stupid? I really cant quite understand it. I know I dont have an IQ bigger than Texas but please, please use common sense at least.

Its been snowing for the past couple of days. Nothing really sticking to the roads though. Thats a good thing. See, I like snow. Alot. But I really hate to drive in it. Its not so bad when you live on a back country road and stuff. But when you live in a big city, its pure hell. Hell for smart people driving with stupid people. Not overly cautious people. Im one of those. I have a child in the car, so yes, I will be overly cautious. But I mean flat out stupid people. The ones with the big SUVs. You know, the type that suck the gas and the life right out of you. They go flying by at 60mph but wonder why they are rolling ass over end or why they are in a ditch. Not that there are any ditches in the city or anything. They must have slid right out of town for that to happen. But you get the meaning of this. Folks, bigger is not always better. Takes a hell of alot more to stop those suckers. The weight alone coming from the ass will cause you more problems than you started with.

And trust me, I will have more traction than they will when it comes down to it. In my little sports car? Why? I'll tell you why. Because Im not stupid. Yeah, thats right. I know how to drive in this shit. You dont. If you did, then you wouldnt need that big monstrosity that cost you $50,000 that you cant afford the damn gas for. I was at the gas station yesterday and this lady was bitching because it cost her $60 to fill her tank up. Hmmmmm. Maybe if you didnt have King King Monster Wheels you would have been able to only use $20 for a tank full that would last you more than a week. Once again, stupid people. Its not like she was going off roading with it. Thats the only good use for these things. I can see if you have a pickup truck for hauling something or if you have a smaller Blazer or something like that. But these damn things have 18inch tires that look like bicycle wheels. What the hell good is that in snow?

So here I am, coming home from work. I have a child in the car and the roads are wet and a little slushy. The snow was sticking a little. Im doing just under the speed limit because there was heavy traffic downtown. Its stop and go because it seems that everyone needs to go in the same direction that I need to go. Its a wonder they dont all pull on my street. Anywho, I stopped at the minimart on the way. I get back in the car and watch the morons for a couple of minutes. Actually I had to wait for them to fly past so I could get a break in traffic to squeeze my way out on the road. Morons that have no sense of curtesy. Dont worry, they will get theirs when they go off the road further down and I beep at them as I go past.

Yeah Im that cruel. I dont stop for stupid people. Unless they have kids because they are the innocent ones in all this. But when they blow past me and think that they will get away with it, good luck. Bad karma will follow them. Just like today. Really stupid people were out on the roads today.

I have to hit alot of stop lights and stop signs on the way home. Not so bad because this is usually the safer areas to drive on. People sitting at the lights and signs tend to melt the ice under the cars. Smart thinking right? Not always. This is also where the people forget to stay far enough back from the vehicle in front of them. So when they slide, they wonder why they hit someone. Or the usual line of "I didnt see your brake lights on". Keep your eyes on the road and not on your cell phone. Morons.

So also on the way home is the dreaded bridge near my house. This is a suicide trip even on dry pavement. People are really stupid here. There are alot of one way streets in this section too. Boy are they really stupid and confused on them too. Its not that hard to realize that people are only coming at you and not going in the same direction. Well anyways, on this bridge is some seriously heavy duty sides. They are high steel walls. You cant see over them unless you are in a very large vehicle. Like a dump truck maybe. But thats besides the point.

So here we are coming up over the streets at the top of this bridge. Traffic is flowing fairly well. But I know what lays ahead. I slow to a crawl at the top because this is not a hill you want to fly down. The bridge itself is a concrete one. The surface is also concrete. This makes for a slippery trip down hill even in the rain. There are about 5 vehicles in front of me. Near the bottom is an area long enough for about two cars to be on blacktop. There is a stop sign right at the bottom and you can only go right or left.

I saw the first car slide and then the second. When I mean slide, I mean that the ass end is out and spinning around. Now how stupid can this be that they would hit this thing at such a high speed. But here is the thing. They arent going fast at all. Its just that slippery. So I gave myself plenty of room between me and the truck in front of me. Just a small pickup. Nothing wild either. Some ordinary Joe. In fact, he had junk in the back so I know he wasnt out there with it for the flashy look.

Well the dumb asses in front of him were slamming on the brakes. How stupid is that? You dont do that on ice. You tap the brakes to slow down and correct the wheel to the opposite direction. Stupid people. So the first car goes through fine. Slows enough at the sign, but doesnt come to a full stop. That was smart. I will tell you why in a second. The second car comes to a full stop and sits there. There are now two vehicles that are trying to actually stop on the bridge itself. Those are the dumbasses. This causes the truck to slide out because he cant stop fast enough for these idiots. He then slides to the left and almost slams a car head on coming up the bridge. The second car finally moves off the stop and goes right. The third car also comes to a complete stop and sits there. This causes the cars behind him to lay on the horn for him to move because we are now all sliding down towards him. My car spins completely around and nearly hits the steel side walls of the bridge.

So I took the easy way out and went up on the broken up sidewalk where I know there is traction. So my right tires are able to grip something and I can ease down the rest of the bridge. The cars behind me are still up at the top at a stop. Those were smart people too. But that jackass is still at the stop sign. He hasnt moved. If hes lost then at least have the decency to move somewhere else to think this out. But oops, its too late. Car number three slams into his ass. Im stopped on the sidewalk now and that truck is as well. He figured it out that it was the safest place to be as well. My kid is in the back seat in a panic but she knows enough not to make a sound. And the others are still stopped at the top. So no one is coming down the bridge behind me.

So the car that was hit is now somewhere off to the left down that road and the car that hit him is there too. The truck takes to the road again and eases through the stop sign and goes right. I ease to the sign and turn right as well. But we both dont bother to come to a complete stop. I dont know about you, but Im willing to take a ticket to avoid getting my ass slammed. I like my life and my bones not broken. I also prefer that my child not get hurt either. If there had been traffic at the other points of the intersection, then I may not have had that option. But Im sure they would understand if I went through. Unless, of course, they were one of the stupid population too.

Two other vehicles were stopped with the accident so there was help and Im sure some on the way. It wasnt a bad accident and not alot of damage. I went on to my desitination to get the hell off the road. I pull up my street and park my car in my driveway. Yeah, I have one and I use it. Not like most of the idiots that live on my street. They dont know what that is. They have driveways but never use them. Then wonder why their cars get hit or get plowed in.

Stupid people.

3 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I don't miss winter driving. Not at all. Especially because of the stupid people like you describe. You know, the ones who tailgate you during a blizzard because they feel you are not driving fast enough for them.

6:50 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Living in regions like yours, people should be used to driving in snow. I know when I learned to drive, we used to make a point of going out on a snowy but deserted street and practice braking and turning and all that stuff. Plus, you should know what kind of vehicle to drive -- or not.

I agree with you about stupid people. I just did a post about that. People who should know better and then go out and act heedlessly get no sympathy from me. It's the people who unfortunately get in their way who I feel especially bad for.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do the drivers ed thing here with that too but those that drive monster trucks on bike wheels just dont get it. And the streets are so narrow in the winter that its like playing chicken.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home