Saturday, November 03, 2007

A senseless killing....

This post is more of a rant than anything. But it needed to be done.

This is a post that I hoped to have never have had to write. But its something that has been on my mind for a year now. In a small town in Indiana, a 16 year old girl leaves the restaurant that she was working at. Her shift is over. She heads for home. A few minutes before she left, a coworker had done the same. She finds him on the side of the road working on his broken down vehicle and she stops to help him. Thats the last she was alive.

We later find out that this is a man that was released from a Kansas prison where he was serving a life term for a previous murder and an attempted murder. Who the hell in their right mind would let this man free? This has pissed me off for over a year now. This once beautiful and bright girl would still be alive if it wasnt for some jackass in Kansas.

There are tons of articles and blogs all over the internet about this case. But what started it all was a phone call late one night. My mom called to ask me to look up an Amber Alert on her. I saw it and paniced. I posted it all over every site I could think of. I checked on it a couple of hours later and found that the alert was canceled. When that happens, it means they have found the person. In this case, it wasnt a happy ending. She was found strangled and stabbed to death in a corn field a short distance away from where they found her car.

The man in question was arrested and charged with the murder. He is the one that led them to her body. He admitted to the deed but yet he pleaded not guilty. Can you imagine that? Not guilty? What the hell kind of thinking is that? The girl's family has been struck with countless tragedities. Why did this have to happen? Once again. Because someone was completely off their rocker. In my opinion, this person should share a cell with this man for the rest of their lives. But you know that wont happen. Which to me is complete bullshit.

So now we come to a year later and I just found out that this man has finally pleaded guilty for his crime and he will be sentenced in December. Whoopee doo. Will this be something where he will be sentenced to death? I would hope so. Last I knew, Indiana was a Death Penalty state. But more than likely, he will be labeled as insane. Does this make it right? Hell no. What he did was unspeakable.

Somewhere on the net, I saw where someone posted about a time line. From the time he committed his first crimes back in the 70s til now. I cant find the site though. If anyone does come across it, please link me to it. There is a father out there grieving and a mother out there with horrible scars, both physical and mental. I cry for both of these people. I cry for Stepanies family as well. Her father should not have had to go through this horror. Her mother should not have to live without her child. Her grandparents should not have to live through another death in the family. Her aunts, uncles and cousins should not have to suffer losing her. I say this because I know this pain first hand. Her father is my cousin. So this makes her my cousin also.

But also because of her death, Indiana has done some parole research to revise how they handle such cases. It will stop a furture sensless crime. But it didnt stop hers. People out there need to wake the hell up. These criminals need to stay behind bars. There is no such thing and rehabilitating a killer. There is no such thing as rehabilitating any serious criminal. Why cant anyone understand this?

There is a man that lives near me. He committed the same crime three times and served three times. Yet he is out there to do this crime again. He is listed as a registered level three. This is a high risk level. This means that he has the potential to do this again. Yet he is placed in a position where he has access to potential victims within his own household and neighborhood. Why does this happen? Because prisons are too crowded? We need to go back to the old days and execute those that are a 'known' criminal and that they have actually committed the crimes. Yes there will be alot of paperwork and crap to prove that they are indeed the ones that did it. But once that process is complete, they need to be done away with. I dont care if this person has a family. I would do it to my family had they taken someones life intentionally. Note that I did say intentionally.

Where do these people get rights from? They stole the rights from someone else when they took their lives or their innocence away from them. These assholes lost their own rights at that moment. Staphanie lost her right to live. Why should Danny have any rights at all? I say that he needs to be executed the same way he killed her. Only this time, he needs to look at his crimes when they do it to him. And it needs to be done slowly and painfully. Not with a shock or an injection. He needs to feel pain. The pain she felt and the pain her family and friends still feel and will feel for the rest of their lives.

These are some of the links to the story and blogs on the web. If you find more, please feel free to link them for me.

http://www.merrimusings.mu.nu/index.php/archive/danny-r-rouse-paroled-murder-redux/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0701260176jan26,0,5079701,full.story

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061103/News01/611030362

http://www.in.gov/S18/4-29-07.htm

http://www.fox28.com/News/index.php?ID=7445

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/02/ap/national/mainD8L527V00.shtml

http://www.curevents.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62066

http://www.myspace.com/stephie2269

And CNN did a segment of Nancy Grace about this case. I wish they would do an updated one.

5 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

I'm sorry BC. Here's a hug. *HUG*

One of my friends here had a friend that was tied and gagged in a Gamestop robbery. He suffocated to death. Over videogames.

8:53 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Its completely worthless people that do these things and it rips me apart. I have a child of my own and I fear that constantly.

I hold my friends and family close to my heart.

11:15 AM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Unfortunately, they can't arrest people for crimes that they might commit in the future (like in Minority Report). This country has more people in prison than any other in the developed world. A lot of them are in on drug charges that should never have gone that far. But the result is overcrowding in prisons and not enough staff to properly supervise and take care of the inmates. So people end up in prison who shouldn't really be there and people who are a danger get released without adequate supervision.

7:16 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Its really scary though.

9:39 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Yes it is. We just do the best we can.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home