Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tis the season...

Tis the season....

Im alive. Yep... Tissues and all. Ive pretty much beaten this cold this time. I bought something new to try and it seems to work really well. Cold-Eeze. There is one warning about this stuff though. You lose your sense of tasting anything normally for a while. They work though. You suck on them like a cough drop every couple of hours.

What I mean by losing your sense of taste is that after you have one, if you drink or eat anything, it will not taste what its supposed to taste like. I found this out the other day. I had one of them at work and then on the way home, I stopped at the local mini mart. I bought a Slim-Jim. When I took a bite, it was the most nastiest taste. I thought that maybe it was something wrong with the Slim-Jim so I had Cami taste it too and she thought it was as it should be. She finished it.

When we got home, I made dinner and the same thing happened. Fish and fries should not taste like that. It was so nasty that I couldnt eat it. But the thing is, the drop tastes really good. I think it leaves a coating on your tongue and throat. But another good thing was that I wasnt coughing or having something sticking to the back of my nose or in my lungs. I really was feeling great and was able to breathe. Oh and I could hear again too. Thats one of the worst things about having a cold. You feel like you are in a warehouse full of cobwebs.

Thanksgiving was pretty good. I ended up with two dinners. So yeah I stuffed myself silly and was in pain for a while. But it felt really good. Because of being so sick, I wasnt able to taste anything that well. Well maybe one thing. I think I felt it more than tasted it though. Cranberry sauce. I love the stuff. It was a cool experience this time though. I couldnt really taste it but for the feeling it left on my tongue. Hmmm....maybe I should try that with the cold-eeze.

I havent been into the holiday spirit that much. Usually I have the tree up and decorated on Black Friday. I honestly just havent been in the mood. Maybe its also because I have to remove the empty fish tank and Cami's massive doll house up to the attic so that I have room for the tree. Cami and I have all new ornaments this year. Most were purchased at the dollar store. Honestly, they are really pretty. Im once again going to do the tree in all silver and blue.

I decorate my tree in themes. Its the only thing that I put out at the holiday time. Maybe this year I will do some more stuff now that Cami is older and not at a risk to break things and get hurt. I have alot of Christmas stuff. I love this holiday the most. I think its because of the cold outside and the warmth inside and all the festive colors. I like visiting friends homes and they like coming to mine. Its that whole colorful festive feeling.

But I really need to get in the mood for it this year. Being sick and no snow is definately a damper. I have my holiday party for work coming up on the 7th and it will be at someones home this time. I think thats a better feeling than sitting in a restaurant or gathered in the school library. Its that warm home feeling. Im looking forward to it.

I think also that wa11z needs to get drunk with all of us here and we need to give him some paints or markers and a blank wall to play with. I swear that when Im able to buy my own home, he is getting a wall all to himself. I enjoy his work and I cant wait for more.

Cami has been doing absolutly awesome with the new medications. For the past month she has been herself again and Im thrilled. But she also sees the difference in herself. The past couple of days though havent been all that great. I think that the day time med needs a little adjustment. Shes a little frazzled on the edges again and not focusing as much. But this stuff is such a blessing. Her teacher even made the comment that he wants it in a liquid form and put in the drinking fountain.

I have an interesting weekend coming up. Sunday is the day that I get to bomb the house again. Spiders again. I was in the bathroom and they are coming out to peep again. I prefer not to shower with them. So that means that Mindy is off to the groomers and the cat gets to get all pissed off at me because she has to spend 3 hours in a carrier in my car with me.

Im cold. Its really cold outside and the clouds keep rolling in but nothing happens. I really think I need a little snow on the ground to get my spirits up for the holidays. I really want to get the tree up this weekend and next weekend I need to start shopping. Oh, and Cami went to see Santa twice already. The first time was the usual duck and chase sort of thing she does about being good and telling him that with a straight face. I cant do that though. He said she was a good girl and I made a face. She said... "Mooommm.... Dont tell him". The expression is priceless. The second time wasnt as drastic and she was upset that he didnt have any mints.

4 Comments:

Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Oh, so sorry about the colds! I sympathize. I know it doesn't help now, but my cold defense is that when I start to feel the very first scratch in my throat or itch in my nose I start taking aspiring. I keep taking 2 every four hours. Sometimes it goes away and never becomes anything more. If it does become a cold it feels not so bad. I know this probably doesn't work for everybody, but I discovered that it really works for me. You might want to give it a try.

7:02 AM  
Blogger BC said...

I dont mind asprin but it does make me sick to my stomach. The thing is that in the beginning of a cold, its the end of the one before. Sounds weird but seems that my immune system needs a little boost. Wasnt so bad until I got that flu shot. Shouldnt have anything to do with it but I think it put me out of whack.

Im feeling much better tonight and not congested at all. Hope I kicked it for good this time. I just hate being sick.

9:37 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Colds suck. They make you sick enough to not want to work, however, you're still able to so you can't call in.

A wall for me? Are you sure? ;)

7:45 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Yes a wall all for you. :D And maybe a 6 pack. LOLOL

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home