Sunday, December 30, 2007

5...4...3...2...1....

Its that time of the year again. Out with the old and in with the new. 2007 is pretty much over. Seems to be going out with a bang too. Its snowing fairly hard out there. One of the perks of upstate New York. Snow. Bah. I dont mind it. Just dont like driving in it. I remember as a kid we used to build snow forts or snow tunnels. We had alot more snow then too. Or so it seemed. Maybe because Im taller now? Eh. Oh well. But the thing is, its good enough for a snow day off from school. Too bad we are still on the holiday vacation.

So what is there really to reflect on for the past year? Not a whole hell of alot. One thing that is good though is that the business is building nicely. Im very excited and nervous at the same time. So much that I want yet I will only ask for so little. Just the way I am. That way I never get my expectations up too high.

Today is my fathers birthday. Happy Birthday. He would shoot me in the foot if I said his age though. Hes home with the flu this year. Hes not too thrilled at all. I think I will deliver him a nice dinner though. Not sure what to make for him. Maybe something with garlic to clear him out.

Usually he drives to his brothers place for a huge party. One of my cousins also shares the same birthday. Its usually a fun time. Oddly enough, I dont ever remember being there for it. And oddly enough, I dont remember ever having a party for my father here. I think for next year, I should throw something. But I honestly wouldnt know where to have it or how to contact half of the relatives for it. I should just have my aunts help me with that. But thats for the future. He isnt up for a party this year anyway. The only other time I that he stayed home for his birthday was when he broke his collarbone. He really wasnt up for a party then either.

In rememberance of former New Years parties, I would like to say that I havent had any in the last few years. With my mom in FL, there hasnt been any at her house. I miss those the most. We always had fun then. I threw one at my apartment once that was a real trip. Somehow I can thank my friend Dave for ripping my shirt. Something about grabbing on to me so he could stand up and it didnt quite work out that way.

Had one with a couple of friends that turned out to be a kidnapping of myself but it was alot of fun. I wont get into that one because there was some issues that happened afterwards that I chose not to remember. But lets just say that it started a better chapter in my life. The hard way.

I will mention one New Years party that I had at my old house. It was a hell of a time that required alot of clean up afterwards. Somehow I woke up face down on the floor on top of a turned over chair and a phone in my hand. I have no idea who I was talking to though. You know its a great party when no one remembers anything.

Alot of good things have happened for some of my friends. I would like to tell them that I am very extremely happy for them. And I would like to thank someone very close to me for being there and being one of my bestest friends. He has given me the world. All of my bestest friends mean so much to me and I love you all. You have pulled me through some really tough times. You know who you are. You are reading this. You make me laugh and make me cry. You have made this past year great. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We have always had a tradition of eating fish for a prosperous new year to come. Ive eaten alot of fish and Im still not a millionaire. But I will still go out and get my crab legs and enjoy them.

This year will be just like any other though. I will be here on line with my friends to make sure I tell them that I love them and to wish them a great coming year. Anyone up for a party?

3 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Happy New Year! So you're a drunk dialer, huh? Not surprised...;)

7:49 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Give me your number and I will text you at midnight. LOL

4:48 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Happy New Year to you, bc! (And you, too, wa11z.)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home