Saturday, June 23, 2007

Schools Out For Summer.....

School is out for the summer. It was a long year and it was a great one at that. Im sure this post will be a rambling one because I have alot of stuff on my mind. Between all the field trips and blogs that I havent posted yet. I also have ones from a trip I took today and also LW leaving for the summer is going to be nerve racking.

Cami did great on her tests. Shes at a much higher reading level than what her age is expected to have. She can read and understand 6th grade books but her level states 4th grade. Her math was really good as well. She struggled this year with the kids she had in her class. Some of these kids were complete animals. Im sorry to state that but its true. And they picked on her alot. She dished it out back but a few times she got into some trouble for it. I dont blame her for it though.

Shes now going to be in 3rd grade and the teacher that I requested will be firm with her and the rest of the class. She got her report card and yes, it is him. Hes a great teacher and alot of fun for the kids. But he doesnt take the bullshit. She celebrated her birthday in class on Friday but its really not until August. She made sure that her new teacher got a cupcake. That was sweet of her.

As many of you know, the bull that I went through last summer and all the way up until November was hell. Pure hell. Well this year I got the notice that stated very clearly that I will resume my job in Sept at the current school. But Im not going to hold my breath. There are some that have a higher seniority than I do that werent placed there. They made it clear that they are going to fight it. This means that I will probably be booted out once again. We shall see when the letters come in. I will fight it back though. Technically I am supposed to move up with my kids. One of these ladies is also in the same job status that I am in. So we shall see what happens there. Also there will be 9 new teachers coming in for September. This is going to be a little crazy next year.

Oh, I should add that I also received yet another letter in the mail today confirming my spot for next year. I will be signing my papers for it and returning it soon. I will also be including a letter about the problems of last year and demanding that my spot not be dumped for seniority. Hope that works.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Interesting that you can get written confirmation but it still doesn't mean anything. Well, I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hope you get to stay put where you want in September. In the meanwhile, enjoy the summer.

8:19 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Well seniority rules. Its a teachers union job. Sucks I know. Last year I was booted by seniority 7 times from 3 different schools. I was hired back into the one I originally was in but that wasnt until Nov 27th after they approved the special ed kids. I have two of them this year so Im hoping to be moving up with them. Technically I am supposed to. Last year it was dropped because my "ward" was transfered to a different form of classroom where Im not licenced to be in.

But one of those that didnt make it this year holds the same job status that I have. If she fights it then she may get it. Pisses me off though.

8:30 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Fight the system, BC!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home