Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cough

I know I havent updated this thing in a very long time. Its been a little on the crazy side. I know I say that a lot. But its true. Its always crazy here. So lets see where we can start. The new medication that Cami was put on worked but the insurance cap decided to run out after the first month of it. Seems that the camp is at $1000 a year and that one medication was $470 in one shot. Add all the others in for the month and it was toast. Personally I think its a big joke to think that $1000 is enough for one year. So needless to say, she wasnt on it very long.

Her dads insurance was closed out due to the fact that he suddenly became a victim of the lay off list that is happening all over this wonderful land. But that was a good thing because now I can get insurance through my job and its so much better. Same insurance company but a much better policy. I just need to wait for the books to come so I can see what the cap is on that. If there isnt one then Cami can get back on the right track again.

Its been weird here with the weather. Cold and warm, rainy and snow. All in one day. And they wonder why we get sick. We also had a few showing of what I like to call ghetto fog. I know it sounds silly when you say it out loud a few times. What it means is that when the weather is bad and everythign freezes, then it warms up the next day, the warm air and the frozen ground create a fog. Not just in the morning but all day long. So the city was shrouded in a sort of eerie fog. Sounds interesting, I know. But not such a good thing in the ghetto. When I went to pick Cami up from school one day, the fog was so thick that you couldnt see down the street. Anything can happen in the fog. Watch the movie and you will see what I mean. Only the movie wasnt in the ghetto of my city. Big difference, but same crap. So we got out of the ghetto and then headed home as fast as my little car would chug.

Cami also started some after school class on Thursdays. Shes taking African Drums. Its rather cool. A few of the kids and some instructors from the arts center get together and play drums. They learn new beats and I think they sound incredible. I hope the put on a small show for the school when they are done.

This is vacation week. Of course we are sick with a good head cold. It never fails. We missed all the really big snow storms. They all went south while we stayed pretty dry. Cold but dry. I could just hear Jose down there now telling all the belles to run to the safety of the north. Makes ya giggle. But we did get one yesterday and its currently snowing fairly well out there now. I had a dentist appointment scheduled for Tuesday but due to the fact that Im sick and also that I didnt want to drive for an hour in the snow, I canceled it and rescheduled it for Thursday morning. I then found out that my father has one the same day in the afternoon. You would think that they would be scheduled a little closer in time. So he will pick me up in the morning and we will go to mine. Then we will go see my sister and then go back for his.

Im hoping that the rest of my week off will be a little better. My head is killing me and my nose is stuffed. Poor Cami lost her voice for a couple of days. In a way thats a good thing but she was so sick.

There is nt much else really left to update. Its just been the same thing day in and day out. I guess in a way it is a good thing that nothing terrible has happened. If anything else comes up, I will post it up. But for now, life is ok. We are ok. Im just waiting for spring.

6 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

I'm so glad you're back. For a while there I thought you had hung up your keyboard. LOL

Welcome back. Sorry about all that nasty weather you're having over there. Freeping snow, just won't go away, will it? And they'll tell you that this all because of global warming. Yeah, riiight.

4:34 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Well considering that the snow has actually been hitting the south where they would normally never see snow, I would say that something weird is happening. We in the north are getting the arctic Canadian stuff. LOL.

I would never hang up my keyboard. Just get busy and forget to write it all down. :D

How have you been?

10:36 AM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

About the same, really. Though, I do seem to be going round in circles again. Though, getting old is a new thing.

Someone once said to me, in a hobbit kind of way, "old age comes to us all".

Old age is a terrible thing, but it always brings new things. One doesn't know from one day to the next what might newly fall off in some unspoken context. LOL

7:59 AM  
Blogger BC said...

But you arent old!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

We got a snowstorm down here last weekend. It melted in one day. This weekend it was about 60F. Go figure.

I hope your insurance situation improves. My company limits the amount of headache medicine they will pay for, so I have to be very stingy taking care of my migraines.

African drumming sounds neat.

7:13 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

No, you're right, BC, I'm not. I think sometimes when you are regularly seen (as I am these days) to be not in the best of health people may assume that the inevitable has already touched you.

People may get physically old, but for most they're minds will be forever young. :)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home