Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Its In The Air...

Ok Ok... Its been a while since I last updated. Its a habit. Some good things have happened since then and some things are the same ole stuff. We did have a snow day after that storm. In total we ended up with about 15 inches of snow. Not too bad. But it continued to snow off and on for a few days after that. Of course, there was school after that too. You dont think they would allow that one last snow day would you? We need that one for the Friday before Memorial Day weekend.

Today was a brilliant day. The sun was shining and the weather was wonderful. It got to 52F out there. It has been nice for a few days now. I know I will prolly jinx it by saying it. But Im not complaining at all. This is the weather that I like the best. A little cool but bright and sunny. I cant stand the heat.

I do have something a little amusing to tell though. I have this insane addiction to McD's coffee. Im not sure why but I really do like it. Its a new blend that was put out by Newmans Own and Green Mountain. Nice and mellow and not bitter at all. I used to go to DDs but now Ive changed. And change is good. This stuff is cheaper and tastes better.

Every morning I get up a little earlier than usual to get Cami off to school and then I have some time to stop and get my coffee on the way to my school. McDs is right across the street from my school. How convienient huh? So I zip in there, hit the drive thru and order a coffee and go. Usually there are no other cars ahead of me. That works too.

But there are some mornings that are just too crazy and there isnt time to stop to get a coffee so I have to suffer. Its a sad morning. Im not cranky in the morning. I just like the taste of coffee. And I only have two cups. That one large one that I get equals the two cups. But on the mornings I cant get it, I get a Pepsi. Ok ok, I like the caffine too.

But here is the amusing part. One morning I wasnt able to get my coffee. I went in to work without it and people commented that I was empty handed. So my usual statement was that my kid was running slow. Which is the truth. But they noticed that something was different. Am I that predictable? I must be.

So the next morning I made sure to be up and early to go get my coffee. I pulled up to the drive thru. Made my order and went on to the first window. The cashier, polite as always, asked me where I was yesterday. Caught me a little off guard. But I told her that I was running late. Then I drove up to the second window and the same thing. She said she had my coffee waiting for me at 8:05. Strange. This is McDs. They have tons of customers in the mornings. It was a little shocking to say the least. But I got my coffee and on I went to work. Of course my coworkers commented that I had my coffee. Like its a part of my wardrobe or something.

I havent missed a day since. But this morning was a little awkward. I pulled into the lot and there was this huge truck blocking the speaker for the drive thru. Of course I was in a panic on what to do. I didnt have time to go inside to get the coffee. But there was no way for me to pull up to make my order. Talk about disrupting my morning. Geesh. So I thought about it and then went directly to the first window. There was no way I was going to miss out on my coffee and go to school empty handed.

I pulled up to the first window and the cashier there said she already put my order in and said she was sorry for the truck. I handed her the change and then went on to window number two. As I pulled up, the lady there already had my coffee ready and off I went. I sometimes stop and think about what they do when Im on vacation. If one day missed makes them all flustered. What would a whole week do?

So the weather has been pretty nice. The kiddies have been able to get outside and run around to play. Its good for them to get out now. Spring is surely coming. But then again, they always say that March comes in like a lamb but goes out like a lion. Im not looking forward to that part. Im liking it the way it is. Mom called today to say that they wont be home til the first week of May. I dont want to wait that long to get the camp opened up. Scary to mention it but I was dreaming of working on my trunks. Seriously. I want to get that one done and I cant until they come up.

I really should continue my writing about them though. Just to catch everyone up on the latest. There were more posts about them and more trunks to add to the list. Im up to 8 of them now. But there are three in particular that are interesting because of the history behind them. Two were once owned by someone of notable fame. I wont mention who until I do the post. So look forward to that in the future. You will be amused by that too.

Until then, Im off til next time. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home