Friday, August 07, 2009

Wheres My Riot?

Wheres My Riot?

I dont even know where to begin this post. Things just got a whole lot more interesting for the neighborhood. At this point I might want to start calling it the 'hood. Nothing bad happens here. Yes, we do have a drug dealer on the street but they dont bother anyone. In fact, I think they moved out a couple of years ago. Shows you how much activity happens here. Practically none. But that is all about to change in a matter of time. I guess it could happen anywhere. I just didnt expect it here.

Let me start by saying that there is a construction company near by. I live on a side road. So for me to get anywhere I would have to go up one block to hit the main road. Considering that I do live in the city, there are a lot of main roads but Im only going to focus on one in particular. Lets label it as H Ave. It is a long road that connects into two areas. Half of the road is in one town and the other have is within city limits. You dont notice it too much because this is a residental area.

Anywho, when you get to the corner of my street and H Ave, you obviously havve to look both ways before pulling out into traffic. But there are times that you cant do this because the man that has the contracting business parks all his trucks on either side of the H Ave and also on both sides of the opening to my street. You will see very large pickups, box trucks and sometimes larger trucks that have construction equipment on flatbeds. This tends to block out the view of oncoming traffic either way. Basically you are taking a chance when pulling out on the H Ave. Just hope that you can do it fast enough so you dont get slammed.

The mans house in across H Ave and a couple houses down. So when you do pull out of my street and take a left, you will see this mans house on the right. It is well manicured. Large house with a nice lawn, big driveway and large garage in the back. You would think he could park his trucks in the driveway. He doesnt. In fact, there are no cars in the driveway at all. Ever. They are all parked on the street. What a loser. A lot of people complained about this and then the vehicles would all disappear. In a couple of weeks, they would all be back again.

Well, what I am getting to is that Thursday morning, there was something going on. If you went down my street and came to the corner, you couldnt take a left onto H Ave. Crouched in full riot gear was the big boys. Cops. CNET. State Troopers. The works. Black Humvies blocked the street off. Weapons and assault rifles drawn and aimed.

Im thinking wtf? This doesnt happen here. Who are these people and what is going on? So of course, everyone is locked up in their houses out of fear of gunfire. In this city, you tend to avoid it. Even if you see what happens, you "dont know anything". So you look the other way and hope to find out on the news.

Well I checked the news and there was nothing. After midnight last night, they finally put up an article on the online news. Of course you have to be an online subscriber to get it though. This means I will have to wait and purchase a paper in the morning. Well after a long day, I was able to sit down and read the article. Seems our contracter got busted in a big raid. They went all out on this guy. He was busted for weapons and drugs. BooYay!!!

I hope they take all his trucks off the street now too.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Heh. Busted!

Have you started school yet? It seems like it starts earlier and earlier around here.

7:25 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Yeah but it also ends earlier too. We start on Sept 8th but we dont stop until the end of June.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home