Sunday, May 03, 2009

Drop And Give Me 10....

Drop And Give Me 10...

Take that any way you want to. :D

We need real smilies on here. Im too lazy to load them to photobucket though.

Well it was a decent week gone by. Started out shitty and then pushed forward to a few good things. But sadly its ending with a nasty headache. You know, the kind where you want to take a jack hammer and bust open your skull and rip all the contents out to find what the hell is causing the pain. Ok. That was a great visual. It didnt help though. So far today I have taken about 1600mg of Advil and 2 Alavert. If that doesnt kick it then nothing will. I even took a 3 hour nap.

So anyways, lets start on the events of the week. The beginning of the week wasnt too bad. Wednesday, Cami was sick so we took the day off. I wasnt feeling all that great either so in a way it was a blessing for both of us to just get the extra rest we needed. My allergies always act up at this time of the year and also catching a cold wasnt on my "things to do" list.

But something fun and interesting happened this week. Wednesday night I went to class as usual. The necklace we worked on was really pretty. A lot of potential for add ons as well. But Im not sure I will be doing this. One of the guys that I worked with at the old school would buy things from me for his girlfriend. He was very specific and picky with what he wanted for her. Well now I work with her at the new school. So of course on Thursday, she asked me what I have made recently. I told her that I would bring in the latest project on Friday.

Friday rolls around and I brought the piece in to show her. She loved it immediately. She offered to buy it when its finished. Yep. I sold something before it was even finished. That is actually very exciting to me. It really is a wonderful piece. I would hate to see it go before I had a chance to wear it or what not. But thats ok. I know it will go to a good home. I think what surprises me the most is that its not the colors that her boyfriend always picked for her. Not even close. When it is done, I will add a photo or something here for it so that it can be fondly remembered.

The other interesting thing that happened on Friday was that I was asked by the boss to sib for the gym teacher. I have subbed in just about all the other capasities but this one. Now remember that I have issues with my feet. Not something I would pride myself in to stand on them all day long. But I figured that moving around in the gym wouldnt hurt as much as standing in one small area would. I also thought that if I had been asked to do this 6 months ago, I would have had to refuse due to the pain factor. But today, I thought, hmmmm, I can handle this. It sure as hell beat sitting up in that classroom with the hostile one.

This also gave me more of a chance to meet some of the kids and staff. There are alot of teachers that I havent met yet. Most of the kids see me every morning at my post at the gym door to the playground. The faces will be added with some names now. The day got easier as it went along. We played some basketball and some soccer. Low impact things that I know couldnt harm the kids and that they couldnt use to harm each other. They had fun too and they seemed to like me. We shall see on Monday morning how that all went.

This weekend was pretty mundane for the most part. My highlight was going to class but Ive had a raging headache all weekend that just wont go away. I talked to my neice for a few hours last night and that was fun. I miss her and I hope we get to hang out soon. Also, mom called this morning and she is pretty much home. At about 11am this morning they were in PA. She said that they might take a night at a hotel there though because of the storms in the mountains makes it hard to drive in. But either way, she will be home tomorrow and I will get to talk to her then.

I debated on telling her that the week was going to be all rain and storms but then thought that she might turn around and go back to FL. Yep, I thought better of it and didnt tell her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home