Monday, April 20, 2009

Misery Loves Vin Diesel....

Misery Loves Vin Diesel....

I just had to throw in that title because I went to see his latest movie. Scary that I havent seen the others but I went to this one. Refering to Fast & Furious. That movie kicks ass in all directions.

My vacation said good bye. I was sad to see it leave. It wont return to me until the end of June. Im counting the days already. My vacation was nothing really exciting. I mostly relaxed and chilled out. I really wanted to make it last for as long as I could so that I didnt have to start this new job. But the inevitable happened and well, Im pretty much toast.

Some good news is that a friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful little girl on Easter Sunday. But some bad news is that another friend lost her husband this past Saturday. So things are pretty much mixed right now.

In other news, mom will be leaving FL on May 2nd due to Mousie needing more therapy on his knee from the surgery. Im pretty bummed about this because I wanted her home this weekend.

Last night was pretty miserable. I didnt want to sleep. I kept debating on my day to come. I really didnt want to do this. I know that Cami would be very upset. It was the feeling that I had on the first day of Kindergarten for her. Its a terrible feeling. But I really didnt have much of a choice so I knew I had to deal with it. But sleep did not decend on me until after 5am. My alarm went off at 6am and it was just a very tiring morning.

She was really good about everything. Mostly it was all about how tired she was and nothing about what was to come. Her dad ended up taking her to school because we thought it would have been a more relaxing moment. She would have had a freak out realizing that I wasnt going to be there. Its alot of trauma and drama in the morning as it is. I didnt want to add to it. But she did well. She spent the morning with her teacher and things worked out well all day. I was surprised.

My day on the other hand wasnt so well. I know my job. I know my training. But there is nothing that can train you to do that job without knowing what you are up against. In other words, I cant help someone if I dont know what the problem is. When a kid flips out, I need to know what set it off and what it would take to soothe it. I cant do that upon a first meeting. So this is something that I need to take a step back and look at the situation first. Apparently I was met with hostility from one of my coworkers on my way of doing things compared to hers.

I cant yell at a child to sit down. I can only coax them to do it. If you bring tension, you will get tension in return. A child doesnt control tension as well as an adult. So sending the child to the corner wont help. I guess that she couldnt understand how I could get the child to sit without words. Too bad. This is why Im in that room to begin with. I also get along with my new teacher very well. So far so good. But tomorrow is another day.

I met a lot of new people. But also I saw some faces that used to go to the other school. It was nice to have them come to me for a hug because they remembered me. I think that also pissed off the other lady. Im sorry if Im so loved. He he he. Its not a bad thing.

But I know that I will work well with the new teacher and the new boss. Now I also need to schmooze with the glittery stuff. May end up with some new clients.

My ass hurts. My neck hurts. But my feet dont hurt. I guess you cant win them all.

Til tomorrow ..... Ta Ta....

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I hope it is getting better for you now. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Word Ver = "booforkd"

I'm gonna remember that - it sounds like a great way to describe certain situations.

8:19 PM  
Blogger BC said...

I like that word too. He he he....

We need to start an ongoing dictionary. :D

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home