Friday, September 26, 2008

Yet another lazy update...

Its that time of the year again. I really do love it though. Its my favorite season.

Where to begin. Hmmmm. School is back in full swing. I started a blog about that but somehow its been abandoned. It was even boring for me to type it out. So we can just roll with this update. Im getting really good at these updates. Sad part is, I tend to forget the priceless moments.

Lets start with school. Im back to work now and I am liking it this year. So far, so good, so knock on a lot of wood for me that my boss isnt going to push me down the well again. I dont have a dog named Lassie that will run and get help. My dog will prolly just jump in after me and think its play time.

Im in one classroom this year. I have about 6 kids that Im working with. Nothing major. Its pretty decent. There are just a couple of kids in the class that are the ones that set off the others so some days it is like a domino effect. Today was one of those days.

Cami has been doing fairly well on the higher dose of the meds. Her class still sucks as far as a couple of the kids that set her off. They have a new teacher this year and he really hasnt gotten a grip on them quite yet. I hope he does soon though. If not, he will have his hands full for the rest of the year. He does have a good Para in the room though but its not all the time. But she will straighten them out as best as she can.

Last weekend was a really great weekend. Cami and I went to the camp to spend more time with my mom and Mousie before they leave for Florida. I really hate when they have to go. I dont get to see them until April so I have to get it all crammed in within the next couple of weekends.

Its been getting colder out though. Mostly at night. The days have been perfect weather for this time of the year. I hate the heat and humidity so the coolness is wonderful. A light jacket in the mornings and its still warm enough during the afternoons that its not needed by then.

So Saturday morning I planned to leave really early to get to camp but I really didnt feel like getting out of bed til at least 830. Yeah that pushed my time back because I hadnt even packed yet. Cami and I took some time for showers and packing before we finally hit the road.

I should also let you know that the weekend before she got a bite on her arm. It was humid out down there and there were alot of punkys and mosquitos. I received a few bites as well. We were sitting on the deck playing cards and they were buzzing everywhere. She swatted a couple of them on her arm and I put something on them to stop the itch. She wont leave them alone if I dont. I looked at them and didnt think anything of it.

Monday rolled along and I checked in on her at about 1130. I saw her in the nurses office with a bandaid and an ice pack on her arm. I looked at the spot and it was swollen and red. There were two spots like the day before but one was so red and swollen that it caused some alarm bells to go off. She already had a doctors appointment for Tuesday afternoon so I decided to wait until then to have the doctor check on it.

Monday night the area was getting worse. The area is now a flat red spot that is absolutely huge. More alarms went off and I put some more stuff on it and a bandage to keep her hands off it. I gave her an icepack and some tylenol. I cant give her Benedryl because she takes Clonidine and they dont mix very well.

Tuesday morning comes and Im scared for the bite area. Its even bigger and more inflamed. After school we went to the doctors and he looked at it and he repeated my fears. We both agreed on the same thing. Tick bite. No bullseye and it itched so that threw me off a little. But we werent taking any chances and she got a 3 week supply of antibiotics just in case. The area looks pretty good now. Just a red bruise area about the size of a quarter. Also consistant with a tick bite while it heals. She is still taking the antibiotics though.

So lets get back to this past weekend. We got all packed and headed to the camp. A bright sunny morning. A little chilly but nothing major. I didnt bother with a jacket. We packed all warm clothes and extra blankets though. We do have heat in the camper but I know its going to be cold at night.

We had a great afternoon and at 3pm we had the washers tournament. I wanted to play but Cami and I spent time at the park instead. She was a little on the hyper side and was bored with the games. So I kept her occupied while my mom and Mousie played washers. For those of you that dont know what this is, its a game where you have two platforms with three holes in it. You space them apart and toss in large metal washers into the holes for points. Much like a beanbag toss game but alot harder.

http://www.originalwashers.com/sell-washer-boards.shtml

Anywho, we went back to the camper after this was over and we pretty much chilled out for a while. About 9pm, I gave Cami her meds to rest and put the tv on for her. I opened the sofa bed out and she was all snuggled in the blankets. I made her some popcorn. While she was resting, me, mom and Mousie went outside to sit by the fire. Thats the best part. The fire. We have a large fire pit. And we usually have some pretty large fires in it.

It was so cold out that I had on a warmer jacket. I sat in the chair and put my foot up on the small bench in front of the fire. Mousie was on one side and mom on the other. We just sat thee talking about some old days and some fun we had. I love listening to Mousies stories. In the mean time, I was cold and gettin up to stick my ass torwards the fire. We made the joke about inventing rotissourie chairs.

At one point I told him to put some more wood on the fire because I was cold. He put about 6 more pieces on and some charcoal fluid. I nearly fell back in the chair. When I sat back down, my shoes were smoking. But my ass was still like a block of ice.

We lit some really huge sparklers. The kind you cant hold in your hands. These did three different things. They did fountains of color and sparkles and then they change to something that resembles a welder. Because they arent exactly up to date, when they get to this point, they tend to make a loud pop and burst. We found this out quite by accident when one shot back toward us. Cami got a kick out of that part. So that makes it a couple more times that I nearly fell out of my chair. Im glad shes so easily entretained.

While sitting there in the dark and quiet, we saw a flash go off in the camper. My camera was on the stand by the door and I thought she used it. I asked her and I checked it but it wasnt used. Through some investigating, it turned out that she used my moms camera to take a picture of the fire. Too bad that the last shot on her camera was only the deck from inside the camper. We had a little laugh.

Things got all settled down for a while and then I heard a chilling scream. Cami came running out to us and was yelling something about her tooth. Im thinking she was eating the popcorn and a kernal got caught. But turned out that she lost a tooth and she was excited that the tooth fairy will have to visit her at the camp. Oh joy. Lets see how much she gets out of this one. She put it in an envelope and left it on the table. She didnt want to leave the tooth under her pillow because it might fall down into the sofa bed and that would upset her alot. She ended up with $4 from it. Geez... I only got a quarter for mine.

All in all it was a great weekend though. A bit cold at night but thats expected this time of the year. We shall see what happens next because Halloween at camp is coming up.

As an update (because Im late posting this) I got a nasty cold. Im sure it was because of sitting out there in the cold. So here have been sitting here with my cold meds and sneezing my ass off. Yeah it all comes down to my ass.

So think of me while you can breathe freely and not have to feel like you are in a warehouse trying to hear what people are saying. My head wants to explode and Im all cuddle up with a roll of toilet paper because I ran out of tissues. At least you cant see me with my tissue nose bullets.

3 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Oh dear, you poor thing. I'm thinking of you though, especially your, err, colder bits.

Hey, I just googled something akin to a hot water bottle for sitting down on, and came up with 'Lava Buns'. :D

11:19 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Inflation even hit the tooth fairy? I guess kids today would not be very excited about a quarter.

A friend of mine had a bad spider bite a few weeks ago. Sounds kind of similar to Cami's. She ended up marking the borders in case it kept getting larger and she needed to show it to a doctor. It ended up resolving on its own. Creepy though.

1:47 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Spider bites suck. Ive have them many times. For some reason, they like me. Im scared shitless of them though. As a matter of fact there was one on my wall about 3 hours ago. It freaks me out.

This was definately a tick though. Just a bite. No tick. I think it went bye bye when she swatted her arm. But I wasnt pulling any punches on treatment.

Madre.... Im not sure I want Lava Buns. LOLOL

I really hate having a cold though. There will be a new blog soon about this weekend.

Oh and Im feeling a little better. :D

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home