Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Review time again.....

Review time again...

I always seem to be doing a post like this. Either I was lazy or I just didnt have the time to keep up with things. I claim a little of both.

So lets go back in time to a couple of weeks ago. Yeah its been that long. Saturday the 9th in fact. Today is Cami's birthday party at the camp. Nothing major was planned. Just have a nice day and eat cake. She doesnt get that opportunity too often. Shes not allowed too much sugar because she becomes Mr. Hyde.

Grandma got her a few things. She got some new school clothes and school goodies like folders and notebooks. Mousie did really good at picking out cool clothes for her. Her friend Krystal came over to hang out with her and they played. She got her more Hannah Montana stuff. I got her a new Hannah Montana purse. All in all it was a pretty good day.

Sunday the 10th was her party up to her other grandparents. They had more cake there and she got some toys and gift cards that she needs to use but she said she is waiting for a movie and a Cd to come out. Camp Rock and the Jonas Brothers.

Monday the 11th was her actual birthday. We had plans to go to Lake George to Six Flags and/or take a cruise on one of the big steam boats. It didnt quite work out that way though. It was raining and thunder and lightning and all the other crappy stuff that comes with it. You would think that we were used to this by now. So instead she had a surprise trip to the mall.

You may not think that going to the mall would be a big deal to her since shes there all the time with grandpa. Well this was to a different mall. Didnt matter to her. She just likes the mall. But she had no idea what particular place she was going to. One of her favorite places. Build-A-Bear. We both love this place. Its alot of fun. Trust me.

Shes been wanting a specific bear. The High School Musical Bear. Its a special edition bear and it comes with a dog tag. So she also picked out a cheerleading outfit to go with it. Of course I picked out a bear as well. The bear I got this time is also a special bear. With the purchase of this bear, a portion goes to the literacy for low income areas fund. Which is pretty much where we live, so I guess I did my duty.

On Tuesday we went to the dentist so that I could make an appointment for some much needed work to be done. Not sure if anyone knew or not but I swallowed a gold crown twice now. Its really not fun to retrieve it. But its also a thousand bucks that I cant afford for a new one. I had no choice but to accept an appointment for the following day because I want to get this stuff done before school starts. After the dentist, we went to see my sister and my neice.

On Wednesday we went to the dentist again in the morning for my xrays to be done. Yeah thats always alot of fun. When will they make this process a little easier and alot less painful? Those things really hurt the hell out of my mouth. Especially the ones on the front. Bite down on this while it cuts through your gums. Oh yeah, dont move. So I didnt move while the tear slowly slid down my cheek. Nah, it wasnt all that bad. But it was still enough that it bothered me. So the dentist comes in to check things out and to let me know what work needed to be done. Stuff I already knew. If I didnt then I wouldnt have been there in the first place. He said that since its been nine years since I was there, my teeth are in remarkable shape. Ive been a good girl with taking care of them. But I think I scared him a little bit when I told him about my crown.

After the dentist visit, we went to the fair. This is something that I have done every year for all of my life. I have always gone to this fair. Cami has a good time going there too. We get there and its lunch time so we go get something to eat. Then its play time. My father loves to play the game with the quarters. You put one in and hope that it moves the tray to knock more down. They will sit here and play this for hours. In the meantime, I have someone who is very anxious to play some of her own. So we went off and played some games that she liked. She won a few stuffed animals and one being a huge dog. She did really good.

She loves the rides but I am very leary about her riding them at the fair. These things have been put up and taken down so many times that you never know when a screw will go missing or loose. So Im not thrilled to do this stuff. But she wanted to ride the bumper cars really bad. She has never been on them because she was always too small for them. And its realy not fun to ride them with someone else, let alone and adult. Nothing like being overcrowded in a car with someones elbow whacking you when they turn the wheel.

So she ran up to the little sign that says you have to be this tall to ride this ride. And sure enough, she was well over the height limit this year. I wasnt sure how well she would do at this but I let her get the tickets for it anyways. She went in and she was a little more excited than I expected her to be. She enjoyed this ride and she knew what she was doing. She reminded me of a little demon behind the wheel in downtown Boston traffic.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/BrowderChick/altamontfairandamanda037.jpg

After all that we decided to walk around for a little while and go see the animals. She loves this part. Her favorite are the cows. Once you get her in with them, she nearly refuses to leave. She wants one so bad. But its not like I can keep one in the back yard. So shehas to see every one of them and at least pet most of them. She s not afraid of them at all.

Then she went to the area where they have all the baby chicks. They have them set up like a little carnival with ferris wheels and all sorts of where shit in cages. But the baby chicks are so cute. Some are yellow and some are colored different colors. Like we all havent seen a blue or a green chick before. They also have a heat dome where you can watch them hatching. Of course she finds this amusing and has to stick her fingers in the cages and see if they will peck at her. When they didnt, I told her that she wasnt sutritious and delicious. She wasnt amused at that line.

Im pretty much exhausted and I want to head toward the gate. She wants to go to the little school house. She checks that out every year. Its something she takes pride in I guess. When the school was actually in service, someone way back in her family went to it. So all the names are on the wall and all that stuff. She found a few people with her name and yes they were relatives.

After this, its time to leave. I grabbed some of the chicken dinners to take home from the bbq pit. That is also something we look forward to every year. Then we headed to the gate to leave. I dont know about you but Im exhausted just thinking about it all again. By the time we got home, I pretty much dropped her off and went to my class.

Thursday we had plans to go to Diva Beads so that she could make something for herself for her birthday. Just as we were getting ready to leave, my father calls and he wants to go to the store to get some things. He also wants to finish up her school clothes shopping. Ok. We can do this because it is more important at the moment. We got all that done and then she was able to make her necklace. We hung out with Amanda for a while and she made a really pretty blue and green butterfly necklace.

Friday was a lazy day. So was Saturday and Sunday we spent the day at the camp. Jada and Adam came to visit and she played with them all day. They are Mousies grandkids.

So all in all it was a decent week. A very busy one at that. Stay tuned for the next post. Im currently working on that one. You will be amazed at what Cami did.

5 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

So, um, how do you retrieve your gold crown?

7:09 AM  
Blogger BC said...

You really dont want to know.

9:52 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Oh, my.

6:26 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

I've also played that coin game, I think? You know, the one your father enjoys, but it used to bug the crap out of me, as the coins never seemed to push hard enough against the ones at the edge of the shelf in order for them to drop into the tray below.

6:03 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Yeah...most go out the side instead.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home