Friday, July 25, 2008

I cant swim....

I cant swim....

Im really getting tired of monsoon season here in NY. Seems that this crap is never ending. With all the storms, flooding and power outages, Im pretty much ready to move out. I was talking to a dear friend the other night and he was having worse shit there so I guess I shouldnt complain too much.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_24991.aspx

Watch the little video. I was in shock. I mean....Its July!! Snow in July!! Brings on a whole new meaning to Christmas in July.

So pretty much crappy weather here. If its not raining then its so humid that you sweat just by breathing. Today was a nice day though. I was able to escape my hovel and go to the mall with my father and daughter. Started her school supply shopping. I just need to pick up a few things and a new backpack for her. In about 2 weeks I will start her clothes shopping. I really dont look forward to that. Not like I actually had a job all summer to pay for this. She needs to stop growing taller. Shes almost as tall as I am.

The latest on her treatment is that she now has a new doctor. I am so happy to be rid of the quack she had. I couldnt believe the bullshit she put us through. A simple call back would have been nice considering that Im dealing with a kid that is in high gear and zooming through my house at 4am. Sure its entertaining but I'd really like to sleep sometime this week.

So the new doc is also recommending a different sleep medication that Im hoping will work. The Clonidine just isnt cutting it. She falls asleep with it but she doesnt stay asleep. Also this new guy is a real doctor and he is also an author.

I completed an order for Girlie for all her purse charms. I will be sending that back out to her this week. I also received a new camera via one of our friends. Im going to be giving that a whirl this week too so that hopefully my photos for the jewelry will come out alot better and easier to work with. I have a lot of new goodies that will be going up on the website soon. Some will be for sale and some will not be. Eventually they will be but for now Im keeping them in my stock so that I can use them as a guide to make more. Ive been taking a lot of new classes and making a lot of new items. But so far Ive only made one of each thing. I know I know... not good for business, but Im still learning this stitching stuff. Of course I do have a few projects that are still uncompleted.

So thats my update for now. Nothing really exciting this week because I pretty much havent done anything. Blame mother nature. It could be worse. We could be getting a blizzard. But at least then the potholes will be filled in.

ETA:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_25127.aspx

Thats the same crap we got today (Saturday). Seems that what Toronto gets, it slams me too.

Today I was at my class and we got slammed there. The sky got dark, the thunder hit, the lightning and the pwer flickered. Then the rain and wind hit. The rain was coming at a 45 degree angle and the hail was bouncing everywhere. I went to the back door and watched it bounce off the roof and the cars. I have never picked up hail before and it was really cool. Golf ball size ice balls.

4 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Never picked up hail? You should live in the South.

12:29 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

You can send some of that rain down here any time. But keep the snow to yourself!

8:15 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Take all the rain you want. LOLOL

8:11 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home