Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Obtained another....

Sept 30

What a messed up day. Its started out just like any other day. A struggle in the morning rush to get out of the house and to get to school on time. Im not sure what it is but Im going to blame the ADHD and ODD on her bitchiness. It was at full swing this morning though. But it set my mood for the day and I was so drained.

I went to class tonight and the funniest thing happened. I know I havent posted up my posts on the trunk adventures yet. I will get to that. More than likely, they will go up before this one will but I had these thoughts and I wanted to get them out of my head.

My friend Colette is a gem. She really is. Anywho, I walk into the shop and Kathleen tells me that Colette wants to talk to me about a trunk. He he he. So I told her to have her call me and we will chat. And sure enough, right then and there, the phone rings and its her. She said she was on her way over with a surprise. I get excited over surprises and also the fact that it is a trunk.

I looked into the back of the van and what do I see? A leather covered dome top trunk in decent condition. Nothing that some saddle soap, a little glue and some steel wool cant clean up. The inside is wonderful with a full lithograph and all. I was so thrilled. I will be picking it up on Sat and taking it to my storage unit til I can work on it. I will take pictures of it then and also the other two smaller trunks that I got from her.

I just wanted to get this post in because I was so excited.

4 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I know that trunks are your thing, but how do you feel about old hardcase suitcases? I had one of my grandmothers that got wet in the basement during the epic Atlanta Flood of 2009. It is on my carport in very bad shape and probably should go out with tomorrow's trash, but I am having trouble doing it. It has a lot of mold and mildew from being waterlogged, but if you want to try to restore it I would be happy to ship it to you. Like I said, it is a suitcase, not a trunk, but it once looked very nice. Not sure of the age, but I would guess at least 65 years old and probably older.

8:10 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Im not sure how to restore them. Do you have a picture? I could probably find out something that might help you restore it so you still have something of your grandmother. :D

3:28 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

A thought just crossed my mind...

When you've restored that leathery, domed trunk of yours' maybe you can fill it with all your wonderfully hand-crafted jewelry, too. It'd be like having a treasure chest, so it would -- arr!

10:40 AM  
Blogger BC said...

I was thinking that too. LOL

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home