Friday, July 20, 2007

Ho Ho Ho....

Another week in review post. Sorry about that but there just wasnt enough time to do everything day by day. Plus I was struck by lightning. I was. I really was.

I know I will end up forgetting something. I always do. Thats why Im supposed to do this every day. But I dont. And thats when I pretty much forget things.

Lets start out with Saturday the 14th. This is a special day. Whats so special about it? Well its not that movie that they put out in the 80s. Yeah, remember that one? I watched it a few times because it was just stupidly funny. But anywho, its not that. Its Christmas in July at the camp. Its that wonderful time of the year that Santa shows up and all the kids come running out of the pool to see him.

Usually he comes shows up in a decorated golfcart. Every year, Cami is the one to be at the cart to greet him. Sometimes even before it stops. Strange that shes the only one to do this though. But anyway, this year was a little different. But let me start at the beginning. I always seem to get ahead of myself.

I was informed the night before that my mom and Mouse werent going to be there because they had a party to go to. Then I was told that they would be there til about one in the afternoon. So I asked what time Santa was showing up. They said at 11am. Ok. That gives me plenty of time to get there and help set everything up. Now mind you that everyone really gets into the decorating of this. We have Christmas in July because the campground closes in the middle of October. We have all the holidays early so that everyone can enjoy them. Halloween this year is at the end of Sept and Thanksgiving is Oct 6th.

So I get up early and pack up the truck. This has to be done without Cami knowing because I have to keep her gift hidden. We then give the gift to the people setting the rec hall up for Santa. What do you mean we have to do the gift? What? There is no Santa? No no no... The real Santa only comes in December. Sheesh.

About 9am we are ready to go. I have the gift on the front floor of the truck, covered in a blanket. Shes in the back seat singing to her CD player. Quite entertaining for the ride down. It takes about an hour to get there. Usually we stop to see the horses but there is no time this time.

We pull into the campground about 10:15am. I had to take an alternate route because of the traffic jam to the Country Fest. I would have loved to have gone to that instead. So I pulled up at the camp and I noticed that Mouse and his son were working on the blue golfcart. You know, the one that I painted to be like the LA Dodgers one. Well the logo that I painstakenly painted by hand is gone. The blue LA hat that I went through hell to get is gone. Well not gone, but it isnt on the cart anymore. Then I happened to look over at my moms cart and there it was. Bolted to the roof of that one. Ok. Im confused.

So I parked the truck and got out. I asked Mouse what was up with that because moms cart was supposed to have the Niners football helmet on top of it. Please dont ask about that. LOLOL Its actually a metal lid to a charcoal grill used for tailgate parties. Its huge though. But we have it painted gold and dark red. Waiting for me to hand paint the logos on that.

Well anywho, he tells me that he sold the blue one to his son and that mom gave him the white one instead. I nearly crapped my pants. Mom would never give up her cart. That thing is awesome. Its really a clay cart with 4x4 suspension and everything. Big tires too. Its like the monster trucks of golfcarts.

Then he tells me that mom bought a new one for herself. I looked around and I was stunned to see what she got. I wont even tell you. I will just link you. There are no words to describe it other than what I posted on the board.

http://scifistraightdope.com/index.php?showtopic=1744&st=40

I love my mom. She has the coolest toys.

So anyways, I have to get this gift up to Santa without Cami knowing. My mom also got her something. So I took my moms gift and snuck out to the truck and packed it with the one I got for Cami. Now how the hell am I going to get this up there without Cami knowing? I grabbed the blanket with the gifts wrapped inside and told Cami that Im going to deliver the blanket to someone that needed it for something. Yeah, that should work. So I grab the keys to the new cart and off I go. I get up to the rec hall and they arent even fully set up yet. Its now 10:30. Come on guys, get it moving.

So I had to come all the way back with the gift. Damnit. This isnt going to be easy. So I grabbed my mom and I put the blanket on the back seat. Cami was in the middle and we went back up to the rec hall to help them finish. Now that we are back up there, I have to get the gift inside without Cami seeing it. That wasnt an easy task, but I was able to do it. She was distracted with showing the new cart off to all her little friends.

Now its time for Santa to come. All the kids are signed in. Those that didnt have gifts brought from home will have something. Mouse donated alot of toys for this. He does every year so that every kid gets something. Well we are waiting. And we are waiting. Where the hell is he? Its now 11:30. Everyone is getting impatient. So are the kids.

Then we hear a horn honking. Here comes Santa. He is being pulled in a trailer that is being towed by a pickup truck. At least this is more classier than a golfcart. They have the trailer all decorated. I will bet that is why he is late. It must have taken forever for the elves to blow up all those balloons.

So the truck pulls up and sure enough, there goes Cami. She jumps right up into the trailer with him. Seems there are cameras flashing everywhere. Oh wait, that was mine. Anyways, he gets out and makes his way to his chair and starts calling out the names. Mind you that there are kids running in from the pool. Poor Santa gets soaked every year. But Im sure its cooling for him because usually its so hot. You would think he would be smart and have some red bermuda shorts or something.

Well as the presents are being called, Cami is getting a little frustrated that hers isnt up yet. I can see her gift sitting up in the little sleigh. Im waiting with my camera too. Finally, her name gets called and Im already up there waiting to take the picture. Now mind you that everyone in the place knows who she is. So when her name was called, everyone cheered. She struts up to Santa as proud as can be.

As soon as she breaks from the crowd of kids and Santa sees her, he starts to laugh. This is a different Santa than the previous years because the old man that did it wasnt feeling too well. So another camper is doing it this time. But this one is new to this game with Cami. As I said, he started to laugh. Then as she reached him, he said "You again?" I nearly busted out laughing. Oh wait for it Santa, you are in for a ride now. So she slides up on his lap and gives him a big hug. He hands her the gift. We all take pictures and off she goes. But before she leaves, she hugs him again and tells him thank you.

When all is said and done and all the kids got their gifts, Santa returns to his "sleigh". But not before Cami nails him again for another hug. Then off she goes with her friends to see what they got. He stops by to talk to me and mom and tells me what a great little girl I have because she was the only one that thanked him. I said thank you to him myself and said that there will be a thank you letter coming from her. But he would have to go to the North Pole to get it. He he he. Yeah I will mail it out and it will somehow get to him at the campground. Dont you worry about that.

So thats when all the kids piled on the trailer for a ride with Santa. And you can believe that Cami was on there too. Its the same trailer that they use for the hayrides.

Once we all gt back to the camp, we had some lunch and it was pretty much time to go home. What a busy day. Next is Kids Day. And then comes Halloween. But Im not pushing my summer away too fast. Yeah Im missing LW alot. But Im als enjoying my vacation time from school.

2 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Christmas in July. I wonder who came up with that idea? I bet a kid.

5:26 PM  
Blogger BC said...

He he he.... It is a catchy thing though.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home